“Nice Find”

Chill Kitchen and Bar
Ranked #12 of 165 Restaurants in Marlborough
Price range: US$7 - US$28
Description: Casual dining restaurant. Saturday and Sunday Brunch 9-3pm. Late Nite Menu every day except Sundays Patio dining, full bar/lounge, dining room. Take-out, Private Events, and Catering Available. Dogs Welcome on the Patio anytime.
Reviewed 6 June 2018

Went on recommendation from a friend. Nice spot with good parking. Sat on the patio which was very nice. I had a rye Manhattan which was very good. Everyone else seemed to enjoy their drinks. Menu is a nice size. Most of us could find a couple dishes to pick from. Ordered the steak and cheeses eggrolls for an app. Not something I would normally order they were good and the sauce was excellent. Two of us had the prime rib special which included a glass of wine which was also good. My wife had the scallops and risotto. She is very picky and enjoyed every bite. Thought the overall price was fair especially for the quality. Will definitely go again.

Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

Been here three times over past 6 months. Quality and service are among the best. Very good wine selection.
Restaurant is fairly new and has chic atmosphere. Worth the trip if your in the area. Wine dinner is spectacular

Reviewed 19 April 2018 via mobile

We stopped after 8:30 pm on a Wednesday night and were greeted immediately by the cheerful hostess. Our server was attentive and helpful and the food and drinks arrived quickly.

We started with the warm crab dip, which had a nice spice to it. Because Wednesday’s are burger nights, I had the 5 oz burger special and my husband had the 9 oz burger. Both were tasty and the fries were perfect: crisp on the outside, hot and soft on the inside.

While there isn’t an extensive draft list, there was a good variety. I had the Chill Moscow cocktail which was delicious.

I’m glad we gave Chill a try on a chilly April evening. We’ll be back!

Reviewed 8 April 2018 via mobile

It might have been the day, Staff was a little slow - either understaffed for the day or didn’t plan on all the guests. But the food more than made up for it - greens were fresh, eggs were cooked well, sandwich was fresh made and the breakfast potatoes and fries were cooked good as well.

Reviewed 8 April 2018 via mobile

I took the kids here one night while the wife was in the city with friends. I was optimistic based on the reviews and clientele. And the atmosphere with live music is very neat. But don’t be fooled— this place is no home run!

But it ain’t bad.

I did not partake but the drink menu looked intriguing. The rolls are borderline, sort of like Pillsbury dinner rolls— and the oil looked great but had some odd seasoning going on which ruined the taste for us.

We ordered a Margherita pizza as an appetizer and since we like sauce way more than cheese, we asked for it to be served light on cheese. So it was not a table full of smiles that greeted the huge huge glob of cheese with a few slices of tomato that was masquerading as a pizza. No sauce to be found, which perhaps we could have been more clear about desiring. It was also more than 1/3 crust- too much crust ratio.

The entrees were a better story. The boy’s french dip was a solid portion, albeit a little more cheesy and soggy than he would have preferred, while the lass’s Caesar with salmon was well received. She had no issues.

I went simple with chicken, asparagus, and linguine but have now decided it is best to stick with that dish at places like Ziti’s and Linguine’s that specialize. The chicken was bland and there was minimal veggie in the mix.

Other options may have been better here.

The service was extremely borderline. The waiter did not seem remotely interested in ensuring we liked what we ordered - or even making sure our waters were refilled.

A simple question you ask yourself after trying a new place- would you go want to go back? In this case the verdict is still out.