“Great sushi. Order by the alacarte”
Review of SEI Bar

SEI Bar
Ranked #41 of 146 Restaurants in Medford
Reviewed 22 January 2017 via mobile

Great sushi a la carte. I used to enjoy the chefs choice sometimes but not so much lately. My son doesn't eat sushi and they have a great varied menu for him of Japanese and Thai dishes. Give me the sushi and sashimi! Great service. Great sushi chefs. Few people sit at the sushi bar. I opt to sit at the regular bar when I am alone. The sushi bar itself is near the door (cold and hot) and highly trafficked area. The rest of the restaurant is cozy, romantic and a favorite of local well heeled college students. Never loud. Always a good time.

Reviewed 10 September 2015

Wanted to like the place after reading good and bad reviews but alas it was not meant to be. As an experienced diner and restaurant server I will admit that I'm a bit critical when it comes to eating out. Let me point out some pros and cons.

Pros:

Fairly close by
No wait
Cold beer
Timely service

Cons:

Glass not offered with bottled beer
Satay sauce tasted like watered down peanut butter with no Thai flavor
Hot & Sour soup also had no flavor with a slight hint of canned tomato soup
Pineapple fried rice and Masaman Chicken Curry again very little flavor
Dining room temperature uncomfortably warm
Low lighting which made it hard to see what you were eating.

Now I see why we were the only customers eating in the middle of the dinner hour.

Reviewed 10 July 2015

I eat here 2-3 times a month, and I am never disappointed ( I was actually there last night). My favorite sushi is the Mexican Maki (crunchy tempura crumbs mixed with crab meat) and Half Moon Maki. Two of my favorite dishes are the Sesame Chicken and the Chicken Pad Tai. The lunch specials are amazing - great portions for the price. If you're drinking get the pear saki (the big bottle) and get an uber : )

Reviewed 8 December 2014 via mobile

I've been Sei Bar in Medford a handful of times in the past year and a half. I've had the Thai and Chinese food there. I haven't tried their Japanese yet. The restaurant from outside is deceiving because it looks very small, however, there is plenty of seating inside. There's a back dining room you can't see from the front door. Atmosphere is very nice, dim lights and Asian decor. Service is wonderful and the food is fresh and delicious. Prices are very reasonable too.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

My friends and I really enjoy this place for sushi and drinks. We haven't ventured beyond the appetizers to any main dishes because we enjoy the great sushi they have to offer. The service is always very courteous and quick. I also use this place during major holidays to feed my friends or get a much needed break from cooking. Definitely support this establishment!