“Almost great”

Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Global Cuisine: Classic Spanish, Italian, Mediterranean
Reviewed 2 July 2017

It was our first time here and we really liked it. I choose, with the waiters help, an absolutely delicious veal dish that he describes as having "a lot going on". Really good. My wife was a tad less enthusiastic with her sea food dish as she thought it was a bit salty. The other couple were both very happy. There were several good sounding appetizers and the one I got, some sort of mushroom thing, was very good. Our waiter id an excellent job. We all thought it was a bit too noisy - a common complaint in so many restaurants these days but it nevertheless detracts from the evenings enjoyment. Finally, a really small complaint: the coffee. I do get decaf but it is usually pretty good in most places and, in really good places, it tends to be really good. It is the very last things, along with the desert, we eat and it literally and figuratively left me with a bad taste in my mouth. If I owned a restaurant I think I would want the first thing (rolls) and the last (coffee) to be the best I could do.

Reviewed 26 June 2017 via mobile

Got there with no reservation and was told it would be 45 minutes to an hour before a table opened up OR I could sit at the bar. What a wonderful option. That plus a magnificent view of the lake, boaters and a rainbow. The servers were very knowledgeable and were willing to make substitutions. Pleasantly surprised by the menu options and our dinners were delicious and arrived to the table hot!!! Will be back again.

1  Thank dermgoddess
Reviewed 23 June 2017

fine dining with great views of the lake. you can eat outside on the patio or eat inside with great views. wait staff was awesome.food was brought out in a timely manner and great presentation

Reviewed 22 June 2017

Wonderful food, service and wines. Creative menu that is delicious and interesting.
Great restaurant for family celebrations. Consistent quality and friendly, well-trained staff. Wonderful gem of a dining spot!

Reviewed 19 June 2017 via mobile

Pulled up, they had free valet parking! We went for Father's Day, it was super busy and we didn't have a reservation. Got there for 4:30pm they took us right away!

It was very busy but they had 2 waiters that helped our table. Now I will tell you that the service is slow but, when the area is full you have to understand and we did. By the time we sat down around 4:45pm we didn't leave till 8 pm.

The food was great! We got drinks, all were good, apps delicious and dinner was great and dessert! Everything was good, my father really enjoyed it! It is a beautiful set up with the lake and everything looks new in the dining room to the restrooms.
Prices are $$$ but you get what you pay for. The rack of lamb was excellent!

Overall, I am glad we came in!!!

Been to Alicante Restaurant & Lounge? Share your experiences!