“Boys for Sunday Brunch”

The Plate
Ranked #4 of 26 Restaurants in Milton
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

I love this place. The owner is completely committed to this restaurant. The food is out of this world. I have been trying to make my way through the entire menu. Tea, sandwiches, cakes coconut omg , bacon, potatoes fries, soups, dinners, mac and cheese, cinnamon donuts...... I could go on all day. Enjoy your visit, it is worth it.

Reviewed 18 June 2017

The benchmark for a comparison might be McDonalds: a $1 coffee and a $3 sausage egg McMuffin.

The Plate came to $10.54. Using my iPhone app, a comparable meal at McD's would come to about $4. McDonalds is fast; The Plate in Milton MA is very slow. The coffee cups at McDonalds are great The coffee cups at The Plate (Solo Brand) leak. When I asked the server to mount the coffee cover - she spilled coffee all over the place.

The Bacon egg-cheese "artisinal roll" sandwich was very expensive. I really think that The Plate might rethink the "one egg" and $2 for an extra egg pricing policy? The sandwich was smokey and a little greasy. Not bad: just expensive and dangerous to eat if you are dressed up (as I was - for a school reunion)

One final comment: the coffee at The Plate was "thick" I can only compare it to sweetened Turkish Coffee. It almost seemed that you could stand the stirrer stick up in the coffee. This is not bad: just different. I was not ready that morning for coffee as a "meal in itself".

The Plate is worth the visit: the no-tip policy is interesting. The local Saturday morning traffic in an out was voluminous and attractive.

So The Plate is going to be around for a while. A cleaner neater coffee in cups that work with a little less grease on the bacon-egg sandwich will encourage my return

1  Thank alastminutedeal
Reviewed 10 May 2017

The Plate was recommended to me as a good place for a sandwich or salad during a recent visit to Milton Academy. The restaurant is spacious, clean, with extremely friendly and enthusiastic staff. Counter service, great selection of coffee, tea, and espresso drinks and reasonably priced smoothies. Sunday brunch menu until 2:00 pm includes Bloody Marys, paninis, egg sandwiches, and salads. I demonstrated big time restraint by bypassing their excellent selection of fresh baked pasty and baked goods including granola, cocoa zucchini bread, almond cake, coconut cake, biscuits, muffins, and cookies. Also sells cookie dough. I enjoyed a glass of iced tea, a mixed greens salad with Great Hill blue cheese, plump dried cherries, pecans, and roasted apple dressed with a (not too sweet) cherry vinaigrette and a delicious popover with strawberry jam. Definitely will come back for a return visit when in the Milton area. Wish there was a The Plate in my neck of the woods!

1  Thank HMFoodie
Reviewed 11 April 2017

Very happy to have The Plate in Milton. Wonderful place and good food. Great place to take a break, sit outside and watch the world (at least the Milton world :-) ) go by

Reviewed 14 March 2017

There are two Plate locations in Milton: The Village at the corner of Elliott and Central and one in the East Milton Market complex. I have only been to the former. This is our goto place, especially when guests come over. They have a good variety of interesting sandwiches and sides.