“Favorite Local Place for Sushi”
Review of Shanghai Tokyo

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Shanghai Tokyo
Ranked #15 of 146 Restaurants in Natick
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

Shanghai Tokyo is my go to local restaurant for sushi. Their Golden Dragon roll is a delicious combination of fresh tuna, sweet potatoes served with a generous amount of wasabi and pickled ginger. Eat in their cozy dining room or take out. Friendly staff. Japanese and Chinese dishes and fortune cookies. Parking available in the small plaza.

Reviewed 28 November 2017

We went here hoping to find a new Chinese restaurant since our favorite one just closed. Unfortunately, I don't think we found it at the Shanghai Tokyo. The food was average. I liked the crab rangoon. One of the curry dishes we ordered was tasty - just enough eat without being too hot. The pad Thai was bland and need more of a peanut sauce flavor...or any sauce. The other down side is no full bar - just beer and wine. What's Chinese food without a Man Tai? I will say that service was exceptional. Our waitress was very friendly and was managing multiple tables effectively on a busy night. The atmosphere is kind of cool too and the place was spotlessly clean. So, some pluses but not enough to turn this into our favorite.

Reviewed 21 November 2017

Such fresh sushi- delicious. Sashimi wonderful as well. Only complaint is that it should be sliced thinner. Is sometimes, not others, so wonder if it is the sushi chef on duty at that time. Very good American Chinese food as well, if you like that, but it cannot compare to real food in China.

Reviewed 14 October 2017

This is a solid choice for eat-in or takeaway for either Chinese or Japanese food. (Americanized) I frequently get the wonton soup which is excellent, and their dumplings/gyoza are delicious as well. The hand rolls have a generous portion of sushi and it is quality.
I don't feel as though it is inherently greasy or salty, a good thing. The teriyaki is amazing and the bento box is a great deal for lunch.
I go here at least 3 times a month if not more and the staff are excellent. Very friendly and lovely to speak with on the phone when ordering. (I have be a patron for 4+ years)
I gave 4 instead of 5 because its not the most delicious I've ever had, I do prefer less Americanized Chinese, and I am not a huge fan of the lo mein noodles.

Reviewed 14 July 2017

When I worked in Natick 6 years ago I would over delivery from this restaurant often. I recently stopped in and was surprised to find it was in a strip mall next to a convenience store. The food was still as good as I remembered and the waist staff was very nice. Would definitely go back when in the area!!