“Apple Picking!”
Review of Lookout Farm

Lookout Farm
Ranked #13 of 22 things to do in Natick
More attraction details
Owner description: Belkin Family Lookout Farm is a fun place to visit and is one of the oldest continuously working farms in the U.S. Ride the train and pick your own fruit from mid-summer through the fall - peaches, apples, Asian pears. From May - Oct, families can also enjoy the Children's Play Area, moonbounce, caterpillar rides and more. Weekends include live children's entertainment, face painting and other fun things. Petting zoo and camel rides are available Sept - Oct.
Reviewed 12 October 2017

Took the grandmothers here on a Friday. This was their favorite thing to do on our "Boston" trip! Yes, you do have to pay for admission. 1/2 a peck to pick is $14.00. I thought the price was reasonable for what you get. The place is very nice and clean. The train has multiple stops with different fruit at each stop. The pathways the trains take are covered in grapes - absolutely beautiful!!! The fruit is so good! Great experience. There is a play area for the children, pumpkins and hay bales on a trailer for really cute photo-ops!

All reviews
"peck"
"habanero"
"adorable"

Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

Went here on a Sunday afternoon which wasn't a good time because everyone else had the same idea. Long lines that do move quickly. The trains are efficient to get to the orchard. We were able to pick Asian Pears and Golden Delicious. My tip would be get off at a later stop. That way there is more selection. Also free admission if you go mid week in the afternoon. Two medium bags of apples and admission for two adults and two children was $104.00. Might try someplace else next season.

1  Thank wpd91
Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

Went here on a Sunday. Bad Idea. The line to get in was an hour long and I was astonished to learn they charged $16 per person. I got a 1/2 peck with my two small children ages 6 & 2 1/2 and it cost us $58 to get in. Then there was another line to get in the train. The signs mostly talk about peaches and you are getting barked at at each stop. The guy with the American Flag sunglasses kept barking orders at passengers and wouldn't tell all the apples in the area until the train left . We circled around 3 times trying to find Green Apples . We finally got off at the first stop to check and that guy crushed my daughters question about where the green apples with a scoff "ya I don't have that this year, but you can bite into a non ripe golden delicious apple" and I just blinked at him. We ended up getting honey crisps which were delicious , and couldnt get back on the trains there were just too many people... we walked through the orchard back to the front and got yelled at. Then We had to stand in another line just to get out!!! My kids were hot and really tired of standing in the sun so long just trying to get out. The shelves in the barn were bare from all the people. A lot of disappointed people. The customer service was so slow as well. Only two registers open to get out . Ridiculous. You would think such an expensive place would have the man power to man the orchard!

Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

I will never go back there. I went to this farm today with my 70 yr old mother, a friend and 2 kids. Very expensive to get in and you are forced to buy a bag on top of the tickets. On our way out there are guards at the door to search you like you are a theaf, I had to explain to my 4 yr old that those people were checking the guest for stolen apples, so embarassing! Then my 70 yr old mother was walking out w ONE apple on her hand, visible for everyone to see and the security lady started yelling at her that she had to pay, my mother doesnt speak english so she couldnt understand, the lady kept yelling at me that she had to pay for the 1 apple that she had on her hand. I got so mad and said that we didnt want the apple anymore, so she called the supervisor to explain to me why was so important to pay for that 1 apple. After we spent almost 100 dollares to get in and get a tine bag that fits 6 apples. I have to say that next time I will take my son somewhere else where people have more respect for you. The supervisor came w this story about the farm lost over 1000 dollars from people stealing apples... excuse me? And how much money do they make with the outrageous cost to compensate? I am sure they dont need to check baby diper bags. It was like people were walking out of there with gold. I will never go back and if you go make sure you bring NO bags from home or you will have to explain to your little ones why people are checking their snack bag.

2  Thank Janaina N
See more reviews
Reviewed 28 August 2017

Because it is close, I have purchased the membership for more than 3 years. But the service and fruits are getting worse and worse every year. I get disappointment after every visit recently. Fewer people go there and the farm has fewer animals and less fun. Plus, The staff are liars and they claim they have ripened fruits and collect our money at the door. But for more than 2 years, it is impossible for me to fill a bag with normal fruits, let alone good fruits. I am forced to end up with picking what ever the left-overs on the trees. The staffs even do not allow people see the fruits before paying money, which is really ridiculous and unacceptable.

1  Thank R M

Been to Lookout Farm? Share your experiences!