“Awesome food”

Old Inn On The Green
Reserve with OpenTable
Old Inn On The Green is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed 7 November 2017

Our food was delicious and we even made reservations for the next night to try other dishes. Breakfast is great and all pastries are made right there. You must try croissants.

Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

It's one thing to be cozy and an antique but a coat of paint on the porch sure would have helped. We drove down for the evening and were greeted less than warmly. The mood at any restaurant is set by the wait staff and our waiter could not have been more aloof and unfriendly. We got the pride fix dinner. The potato and leek soup was delicious and I had the chicken which was great with a nice crisp skin. My wife had a lovely salAd and a main course of beef short ribs and grilled sirloin, a strange combination! The short ribs were good but with the bone a little mushy, but the grilled sirloin was incredibly tough for a fine restaurant! Overall what could have been a nice experience was pretty much ruined by a nasty waiter. Food overall was good but not great, certainly have had better in New York and Boston.

Reviewed 7 October 2017

We stayed one night at this Inn and it included a prix fixe dinner menu of $46.00 pp or you could use that same amount for anything on the regular menu. It was our 31st wedding anniversary! We wanted to get out of our very hot B&B room. We walked from our room at the Thayer House (part of this Inn) just across the drive way and lawn to the main house which is the Old Inn on the Green where the restaurant and bar are located on the main floor (they do have rooms upstairs). We arrived early because as I said this was a special night for us and we wanted to have the wonderful drinks at the bar that we heard so much about from Alex (the son of the owner of this Inn) who runs their store called Southfield which is two miles away.(Please also read my review on Southfield because that place is well worth the two mile drive from the inn and there you will find that nice young man and his amazing nitro coffee and cider. Too bad the Inn does not carry those also because that nitro coffee would make amazing martinis think chocolate or espresso .). We walked into the Inn at about 5:30pm we were escaping our very Hot room at the Inn. We were very much looking forward to meeting Jeremy and his wonderful drinks (as per Alex). We were sweating even after taking a shower for dinner (Please see my review of Old Inn on the Green under the hotel and B&B part of this site. My lodging does not do as well I am afraid.)we were happy to walk into the cool Inn. We were getting near the bar and noticed it was very crowded! One of the waiters stopped us and asked what we wanted in a very abrupt manner more in the likes of a bouncer at a night club? We told him we wanted to sit at the bar and have drinks as we were staying at the Inn and also having dinner here. He said you cannot sit, there is a private party going on right now. He said I will get your drinks for you and you can take them back to your room! I was so disappointed with that response. I tried to tell him my room was hot and on the second floor and that I have trouble walking and I was NOT going back to my hot room and have drinks! He really did not care much about my answer. He just said again look I can get your drinks! We went out to the front porch where we were very disappointed in this outcome. This was to be our very special night I mean we were paying for the Inn and the special night here for dinner! I went back inside and got stopped by that same waiter! This time I just said do you know when the private party will be done at the bar. Well it seemed like a 15 minute wait. I explained to that waiter that we were very disappointed that a private party was taking up this much of the inn and no one told us about this and that it was starting to ruin our plans for our 31st wedding anniversary. Another man heard me and said we will have you in there in a few minutes. By 6:00 we were sitting at the bar and talking to Jeremy about his wonderful drinks!(I would have given them an EXCELLENT rating if we did not have to wait to have a seat at the bar.) We had some really great drinks. I want to say anything you pick from Jeremy's cocktail list is amazing! Alex was not kidding about how great Jeremy is at making craft cocktails! Jeremy also helped us pick out a wonderful wine to go with the dinner we told him we had decided on. We sat with Jeremy until a great table was ready for us. We had 7:30 dinner reservations and our table was ready on time! Jeremy made sure we got to the table we wanted and he returned with two glasses of champagne for us! How nice! The room was lit by 17 candles and looked amazingly romantic. The chef send out a great amuse-bouche! We had a wonderful salad and bread. We both got the salmon and it had the best crunchy skin on it! The dessert was wonderful too it included a gelato, apple cake with caramel sauce. We really enjoyed out dinner and would return to the Old Inn on the Green again one day for this wonderful dinner and bartender! Now it was time to return to our room at the Inn. As I said that does not go too well for us. (you can read that story under the Old Inn on the Green under the hotel and B&B part of this site).

1  Thank skipthelightfandango
Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

Of the best meals I've ever had and could not have asked for a cozier colonial setting. Arrive a little early and enjoy sitting in the cozy bar to exchange some laughs or thought provoking conversations with the locals and other dinner guests. It was a lovely quiet dinner with terrific service- attentive without being intrusive. Halibut was excellent and so was the potato leek soup. My husband had the lamb along with the squash and pancetta risotto which he found to be prepared to perfection. The majority of guests that evening were staying at the inn, however, we made a 45min trek through beautiful long and winding roads to get there- the trip was definitely worth it and we look forward to returning. We encourage you to include this stop on your Berkshire "to-do" list if you are traveling with your significant other, close friends or even alone.

Reviewed 29 September 2017

The food was incredible from start to finish. I don't even like scallops and I ordered TWO of the scallop dish!! Everything was so tasty and they were sensitive to my dietary restrictions. Well done!