“A touch of Old Time Newburyport”
Review of David's Tavern - CLOSED

David's Tavern
Price range: US$6 - US$29
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 13 September 2015

My husband and I went there for his birthday dinner. The atmosphere is very quaint in this old establishment where he did the plumbing 35 years ago when they refurbished the Garrison Inn. He had the Scallop Carbonara and I had broiled scallops with veggies. Both were delicious!

Reviewed 31 August 2015

Understated escape (underground) to a brick enclosed "tavern" atmosphere of friendly staff and friendly, inter-active patrons... and unpretentious presentations of the lowly hamburgher done to perfection to the mouth watering entrees of fine dining expertise.
A lovely, quiet discovery that will surprise you!

1  Thank bob b
Reviewed 26 August 2015

We have eaten here in the past and thought we would give it one more chance. It will be our last. The food is variable and the service is terrible!!! I am not sure if it is because they are under staffed or just hire inexperienced servers. The pizza is consistent but it is pretty much a gamble on the other food. Sad because it is located in our favorite Inn and so convenient when we stay there. Not worth it.

Reviewed 26 July 2015

My wife and I stayed at the Garrison, and came down for dinner the second night. It is a really cool restaurant, with a great ambiance. We had two great servers (one in training) Valeria and Angelica, they were excellent. We shared the mussels for an appetizer and they were fantastic. Then my wife had the Lobster Ravioli and I had the Pasta Alfredo with grilled shrimp, both of which were great. We really enjoyed our visit!

2  Thank David C
Reviewed 4 July 2015

Comfortable bar. Nice bartender. Live music on the evening that we went in for a late night cocktail

1  Thank Jhjh6172