“Real good / Go before they close”
Review of David's Tavern - CLOSED

David's Tavern
Price range: US$6 - US$29
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 5 January 2016

Good food, nice and festive basement space, friendly staff and a separate children’s room. Sorry could not stay for the live band. Would be recommending you add to your list of restaurants to try in Newburyport, but we sadly learned the new year rental increase means they will close (end of Jan 2016). Should you find yourself with extra lottery money, perhaps worthy of a contribution to keep them going for 20 more years. My husband and I recommend, so does the 4 ½ year old (!).

Reviewed 20 November 2015

Dave's was our first night dinner with my coworkers. It is in the basement of the Garrison Inn. It isn't fancy but the food is good and I am grateful that on the pasta they offer a half order options. Especially after having tried a variety of appetizers before hand. They offered some of the Newburyport Brewery beers on tap which being a craft beer lover I enjoyed getting to sample local beer. I would have liked to seen some darker beer options, but that is a personal preference.

1  Thank Carol D
Reviewed 17 November 2015

David's has been a favorite of ours for many years and we have enjoyed the staff food and music on a regular basis. the service is usually excellent and this time was no exception. We were sad to be told that the restaurant may be closing in the near future. I hope this is not true.

Reviewed 14 November 2015

the fod at this resturant was excellant, I believe it may have been a location problem because the served the best food and had the best: owner, food, employees, it was really crisp and had arvence!

Reviewed 27 October 2015

My girlfriend and I like David's especially in the winter. It's very warm and cozy downstairs. Meals are above aveage and drinks are awesome. We like to get reservation at like 6:45 so we can eat and then be at a table for live music.