“Trip to Maine ”

Giuseppe's Fresh Pasta Fine Food.
Ranked #17 of 101 Restaurants in Newburyport
Price range: US$9 - US$23
Cuisines: Italian
Description: Full Service Family Italian Restaurant with Full Bar, Take Out, Grab and Go, Italian Deli and Marketplace, Party Trays for all occasions. Established on 1995.
Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

We stopped at Giuseppe's on our way to Maine. It is located right of I95 so easy to get on and off. Very quaint Italian restaurant. Both the chicken Parmesan and meatball/sausage sandwiches were very good. Great service and very clean.

1  Thank Lee P

Reviewed 30 March 2017

Giuseppe's is an authentic Italian restaurant located just off route 95 in Newburyport.

We went on a whim on a Friday night and were delighted with our choice. When you first walk into Giuseppe's (located in a strip mall on a side street off route 113) it looks like you're walking into a bustling deli. There's a huge menu board above the counter in front of you, where you can think about what you want for dinner while waiting for a seat in the restaurant. You can also watch the constant stream of customers coming in to pick up their take-out. We could tell this was a popular place.

We came without a reservation and waited about 20 minutes to be seated. The dining room and bar (bought from the now-closed Hilltop Steak House) has booths as well as high-tops. There is a second small dining room which the restaurant expanded into a couple of years ago. Both areas were quiet and easy to converse in.

Our server was attentive and knowledgeable, took our orders quickly and brought bread (delivered that morning, she told us) for while we waited. The manicotti and lasagna came quickly and was very tasty.

Giuseppe's offers a variety of sauces and dish combinations so there are numerous choices for vegetarians here.

If you like a cozy family-style atmosphere, good food and service with reasonable prices, you'll like Giuseppe's.

Reviewed 20 March 2017

My wife and i went here on a whim on Saturday after seeing a tv commercial. They don't accept reservation so we went early, good thing as it fills up quickly. Our server Lauren, was awesome, could not have asked for a more sociable accomodating person. I had the baby clams with white sauce (no cheese) and home made linguini,my wife had the beet ravioli both were superb. Suggest not ordering your main course until you have you apps, we received them almost simultaneously which was really not a big deal. Will be back for sure.

Reviewed 14 February 2017

This small establishment is a well known local eatery for those in search of good italian eats. Very reasonably priced, excellent service for eat in or take out, and outstanding food.

Reviewed 12 February 2017 via mobile

I just stopped into Giuseppe's today for some sandwiches on our way up north, and I am compelled to post my experience (not typical).

I've been here once before doing the same thing (going north) and each time was a deliciously satisfying.

My order was my usual - eggplant Parmigiana - my boys followed suit - my wife ordered the Mediterranean sandwich (roasted veggies with buffula mozzarella) . These were exceptional food choices - however, I'm not surprised. The food here is authentic - a little slice of the north end up in Newburyport.

My measure of Napolitano cuisine is the gravy (that's what my grandmother called it). Theirs is fresh and tangy and light and leaves you wanting more.

The food is reasonably priced. You can dine in, purchase their freshly frozen entrees to warm up at home, or dine in. Either way you cannot go wrong at Giuseppe's.