“Saturday night out with Maria”
Review of Desperados

Desperados
Ranked #12 of 62 Restaurants in North Adams
Reviewed 24 June 2018

I visited this restaurant as my date with Maria on Saturday. The music was good and pleasant enough for conversation. I had the shrimp enchilada, and it was very good, and then I had the peanut butter pie, and it was also very good. The service was very good, and it was overall a great experience.

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed 20 May 2018

I visited this restaurant as my solo Saturday night out. The background music was a good selection and was quiet enough for chitchat. I started off with the guacamole, and it was very good, and then I had the shrimp enchiladas, and they were very good, and then I finished with the peanut butter pie, and it was also very good. The service was also very good. The only major downside was that my stomach rejected something when I was in the middle of enjoying my pie, and the good news is that it feels better now. It was overall a very good experience.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Desperados in North Adams is our go-to spot for margaritas and Tex-Mex. The atmosphere is pleasant with a bar, tables, and booths. The decor makes you feel festive. The food is always good, but some nights better than others, It is under new ownership so we'll wait and see.
My husband had the Baja Bowl last visit which was very good. I had Street Tacos which were good, but did not have avocado which was disappointing as it was listed on the menu and that's why I ordered them. I have decided to stick with the Shrimp and Crab Enchilada from now on as it never disappoints.
The wait staff are pleasant, helpful, and efficient. You get chips and salsa almost as you are sitting down. The salsa is made there and is tasty, but I would prefer to have it less chunky, more pureed.
You can get a decent craft beer although it is not a large selection. If there is no craft beer you like, you can always get a Sam Adams. Plus they have the usual lighter beers available.

Date of visit: March 2018
1  Thank Pat M
Reviewed 4 March 2018

I visited this restaurant with one of my friends in mid-February. The place was a little on the busy side, but the experience still was good. I had the shrimp enchiladas, and they were very good, and then I had the peanut butter pie, and it was also very good. The service was very good, and it was overall a great experience.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 21 October 2017

My wife and I had the ultimate fajitas (shrimp, chicken, and steak). This was not on the printed menu - please ask if you don't see what you want. The restaurant appears to be in a converted downtown storefront. For $20, my wife and I had enough for the two of us for dinner. Good food at a great price in New England. We will be back!

Date of visit: October 2017