“In 15 years, I’ve had one good meal there”

Freight Yard Restaurant & Pub
Ranked #9 of 62 Restaurants in North Adams
Price range: US$9 - US$22
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 4 May 2018 via mobile

I give them a shot every couple years to see if they’ve improved; they never have. Tonight I ordered a chicken, taco salad in a taco bowl. The chicken was very obviously processed, frozen, there were probably 8 jalapeños worth of jalapeño slices in it. The salsa was definitely store brand and the most interesting part was that I was able to pour about 3/4 of a cup of pink water from out of my bowl, under the taco shell. This food is always terrible and I will never give them my business again.

2  Thank AJONAMA

Reviewed 18 April 2018

We asked our hotel for a "Cozy Pub with great burgers we could bring our kids to" they immediately said "Freight Yard Pub". Exactly what we were looking for, very friendly service and my husband said the swordfish special he had was delicious. The kids and I loved our burgers and great fried pickles!

Reviewed 1 April 2018

Perfectly charming ambience. When the fireplace is crackling it's absolutely wonderful. Good menu selection and some great drinks. Interesting and creative martinis. This is one of the few places where I've seen Long Island Ice Tea offered.

The food has always been very good in our experience, as has been the service. This establishment may want to revisit staffing levels, however. We last visited at lunchtime and fount that the bartender was handling six groups at the tables as well as eight customers at the bar. This along with responsibility for handling the phone, maintaining the fire, and all the other niggling details of the job. Despite this, and the fact that there was one cook on duty, out drinks and food arrived promptly and were well prepared.

Be advised that FYP is priced a little on the high side. Otherwise, I recommend a visit.

Reviewed 18 March 2018

This was such a surprise! It is off the beaten path but with a good menu, fast service and a cute little patio out back. We ate outside where there are about 10 tables set up. Inside it is set up like a pub. Menu had burgers, salads and the usual bar munchies. Plenty of parking, handicapped accessible.

Reviewed 9 March 2018

We used the Freight Yard for lunch and dinner catering of our corporate event held at the Porches Inn. They were terrific! Colleen took care of all our needs and the food was excellent. We will be using them for all of our future corporate events in the area.