“Chowder! Yes!”

Martha's Vineyard Chowder Company
Reserve with OpenTable
Martha's Vineyard Chowder Company is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 58 Restaurants in Oak Bluffs
Price range: US$12 - US$40
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: BEST CHOWDER IN NEW ENGLAND FROM YANKEE MAGAZINE, BEST CHOWDER 2015 from CAPE & ISLANDS MAGAZINE, MV MAGAZINE and winner of the 2015 MV CHOWDER CONTEST!! - Copper and mahogany grace our nautically chic dining room creating a casual-fine dining atmosphere. Fresh, local when available seafood, pasture raised steaks, all-natural chicken, craft cocktails, 15 beers on tap and of course the best award winning chowder in the country are waiting for your visit to our beautiful island. Play a game in our 5000 Sq Ft 21+ game room 'LoFT' upstairs (Which features 6 pool tables, darts, foosball, Shuffleboard tables, ping pong, full bar, jukebox & more) or entertain yourself in our large, comfortable bar and enjoy an authentic Martha's Vineyard experience while being catered to by the most attentive staff in New England. Welcome to the Martha's VIneyard Chowder Company!
Reviewed 8 October 2018 via mobile

The chowder was incredibly flavorful and had lots of meat (unlike some with chunks of potato). We also had the beef skewers, which my SO said were “delicious.” The waitress was extremely friendly and helpful. I tried a Citrus Oyster Shooter for the first time and enjoyed it. We also had a half dozen oysters on the half shell. We sat outside since we didn’t have reservations and preferred that. The inside was very dark and warm. Definitely worth a try.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed 7 October 2018 via mobile

The clam chowder was amazing! I also had the Brussels sprouts which were delicious as well. Sit at the bar right on the street, people watching, enjoy your lunch and have a glass of wine!

1  Thank KrisNak22
Reviewed 6 October 2018

I ordered schnitzel with asparagus...never envisioned they would chop up the asparagus, put it into a creamy sauce and smear it over the deeply fried piece of meat. I immediately acted horrified when the server brought it out and he just shrugged and walked away. He checked back and I told him I did not like it, he shrugged again and said "sorry". I ate enough to not be hungry but it was pretty bad food at a high price. My smart husband ordered chowder. I was sick of the local soup and needed something else...wrong.

1  Thank Anonymous855
Reviewed 5 October 2018 via mobile

Played in Tennis Tournament...
The Food was Outstanding at the Restaurant...Chowder as you would expect was as good as we had on the island...We ate there Twice in the 4 Days we were there..
Highly Recommend....❤️

Date of visit: October 2018
2  Thank danny W
Reviewed 27 September 2018

Good preparation, excellent service, and fine specials for the regular customers make this a top place, especially when the crowds thin out after Labor Day. Get the VIP Card to access special offers. Good burgers, fine chowder, and a varied menu make for a good experience.

1  Thank Quenames