“Fun place”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed 26 September 2017 via mobile

I think people come here more for the ambience than the food. I asked for the fish not to be breaded (my fault) and it was pretty bland. The decor and history of the place is what brought us.

Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

Our fried oysters and fish were good. Waitress must have been drinking vinegar this day I would say this is where all the locals go. The very big problem is parking.

Reviewed 22 September 2017

We've been coming to the Cape since 2001 and usually one of our dinner nights out is at the Ho!. It's always been reliable for good food, beer, wine, etc. while catching whatever game they have on the TVs. Tonight's trip I would only give them an Average rating. I will point out that Hurricane Jose is visiting the cape this week, so we've had heavy rain with winds up to 50 MPH for the last couple of days. On to the food: the clam chowder, while good, wasn't as hot as it should have been...two other tables nearby sent their soups back as well. My wife's baked potato was overcooked, so we asked for another. I ordered the broiled scrod. While acceptable, there was nothing that stood out. The rice was somewhat overcooked, but the cole slaw was very good. The service was also good.

Reviewed 21 September 2017 via mobile

Good. Food came out very fast
Busy. Good for a pub. Top $$. Scalopps were excellent. Tender. Crab cake OK

Reviewed 20 September 2017

This place came highly recommended but was a BIG disappointment. This is a very popular restaurant as evidence by the number of people waiting to get in. The atmosphere is nice and the service was prompt but not at all friendly or helpful.

Being so close to the sea we had local fish caskes (2 ) at $16.99; these were very poor quality and had a doughy floury taste – proable the worst I have ever had. The meal was accompanied by coleslaw – very nice and in my case a baked potato which was service luke warm – it was returned later hot. Inspite of the trade this place does it will never see me again. Not recommended.