Abba
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Seafood, Thai
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

Have owned a house on Cape Cod since 2001, full time resident since 2012, first tIme to ABBA thanks to a birthday gift from a cousin.

The restaurant is pleasant inside and the hostess was very welcoming. Our waiter seemed to be a bit inexperienced and lacked confidence, but this wasn't a problem for our dinner.

Very nice bread, crust still crunchy - hard to do on the Cape.

We shared a plate of Wellfleet oysters - always yummy and the lime sauce was a pleasant change from straight lemon. The mussels on the other hand were so-so, it's a starter so there aren't many but two shells contained pieces of mussels and one contained sand, I definitely wouldn't order them again.

For mains two of us had the grilled tuna, ordered rare. Expected a nice steak, but as another reviewer noted they appeared to be two tips. Mine was cooked fine, my partner's was over-cooked. Waiter never came to ask how the meal was, but we probably wouldn't have sent it back. Other member in our group had the baked stripper, which was very tasty topped with fennel, but also seemed a little over-cooked.

Since it was my birthday, we took a pass on the unique dessert offerings to head over to my favorite ice cream place for a brownie and ice cream.

I don't think I'd choose to go back, but if someone asked if I wanted to join them, I wouldn't hesitate to say yes.

1  Thank Easthamite b

Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

We have been coming to this restaurant for the last five years. This past year, the menu was spectacular and the service was excellent and it was already our favorite place. Andrl was our server and was perfect!!! Thanks for another memorable experience.

Reviewed 9 August 2017

I've been coming to Abba since their opening, many many years ago. I'm never disappointed. They have a top notch bar. The menu changes with the seasons but the Wellfleet oysters are a constant. My favorite is the tuna with a nori roll. I had the soft shell crab the other night which was delicious. A consistently good dining experience with great service

Reviewed 7 August 2017

The first thing I noticed was the unusual mix of cultural cuisine: Asian, Middle East and continental. Odd assortment on its face. But the falafel appetizer was delicious, and the shrimp and lobster pad Thai was fantastic. My husband had the beef and it was tasty. For dessert we had black rice pudding with coconut ice cream and fresh pineapple - sublime! The ambience is a small White House, cozy and simply decorated. There is no view but there doesn't need to be, as the food is a pleasant adventure.

Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

We choose to eat here on a whim and could not have been any more pleasantly surprised. The craft cocktails were outstanding and the food perfectly and elegantly cooked. I had the scallops and risotto and my husband had lobster pad Thai. We ate at the small bar and the bartender was an absolute delight, answering any questions we had and giving us recommendations. We even ordered dessert, which is very rare for us. If you enjoy quality food and real flavor you will not be disappointed with ABBA.