Olde Tavern Motel & Inn
  • Breakfast included
US$135
US$122
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$140/night.

Skaket Beach Motel(Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$149
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$168/night.

No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewscape codfamily runlocal storejuice coffeemini muffinsgreat poolmain buildingno frillsfelt safefire pitbagelsdeckmotelbackyardsnobsummermassachusetts
Reviewed 18 August 2011

We visited Cape Cod for a wedding in October. Most of our friends stayed at the very expensive location of the wedding reception (Wequassett Resort and Golf Club) but we decided to go with the substantially less expensive off-season option and stay close to where the ceremony was held (church was in Orleans).
Yes, this place isn't the Ritz, JW Marriott, etc. But for the price I found it to be a nice motel, exactly what it's supposed to be. For a last minute special, booked less than a week before the wedding, it worked out great!
Our room was a “One larger queen room with deck” on the rear, southeast-facing side of the motel. We had a dresser, TV, table w/ 2 chairs, refrigerator, bar to hang clothes on, and a bathroom. The bathroom was sufficiently sized, not huge but usable.
The room and bathroom were very clean. The staff was friendly, not only the people at the front desk, but housekeeping too. When we arrived we asked for an iron & ironing board so we could get unpacked and ready for the rehearsal festivities. Not only were we provided with both I was also given a hair dryer (hadn't thought to ask, glad they helped me think!).
The décor is a bit outdated, I’ll agree with that. But really nothing was old and disgusting to the point that I didn’t want to touch it. Kind of like staying at grandma’s, she doesn’t have the latest and greatest granite in the bathroom like we do at home, but it’s clean and well cared for. There are plenty of visually appealing chain places I’ve stayed at that aren’t nearly as well cleaned or cared for.
If I was ever to head back to this area of Cape Cod I’d definitely stay at this motel again. Based on what some others experienced at motels in the area, we paid less for a similar experience. Yes, not the snazzy golf resort, but I’d rather spend my money elsewhere in this situation. Plus it allowed me more time to get ready for the wedding! I’d probably not stay in a room off the backyard again. It wasn’t super easy to haul our luggage (4 days worth, but a combo of dress & casual clothes) through the series of doors to reach our room. The back lawn area was nice except for the Saturday morning we spent in our room listening to some sort of marching band practice. Not the hotel’s fault, but we were too close for my comfort!
We found some nifty little places to have local seafood in the area. We ate at Land Ho and enjoyed the local beer & seafood. We stopped at the grocery store down the street for some snacks which made the refrigerator handy. Rather than staying at a fancy place with a restaurant we were forced to venture out, worked out well.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kiwifuz
Reviewed 2 August 2011

I have stayed in this motel in the past and was not able to get in for the entire weekend so I only booked the one night I could get in. In the past I have been very happy with this motel. Here were the bad points - rooms seriously need an upgrade. Same as it was years ago, carpeting and all. Air conditioner did not work or broke at some point, lamp falling off the wall, and let's get to the old time pull down shade that when I pulled on it to have it retract in the morning, part of it came off the window. The best part is when I asked what time breakfast was in the morning, I was told 8:30 am. At 8:53 am, the office was still closed with people waiting outside for their coffee and muffins! People, including us, just left their keys. My advice is, to stay at the Skaket Beach Motel a little up the road with a nice working air conditioning, really nice beds, pillows and bedding, and an updated bathroom. Not to mention homemade muffins right on time when they said with really nice hosts. I'm sorry I left Skaket Beach Motel for my one night of $23 cheaper. I should have paid the extra money and would have been a lot happier!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
6  Thank KRZ21
Reviewed 29 July 2011

Better than some other motels we've stayed at in the Cape. Furniture is outdated BUT the rooms and bathrooms are clean. Having a refridgerator in the room is a plus. They do have a vending machine for drinks, ice maker and microwave available for the guests to use in a common area. Pool was very nice and the kids thoroughly enjoyed it.

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed 28 July 2011

At over $200 a night with tax, this was pretty lame. The room was dingy and tired, the carpet threadbare. The bathroom was functional, but purely utilitarian.

I understand that people want to use this as a jumpoff point for exploring the Cape, but even spending just nights here would be a disappointing.

The only upside was that the service was great -- the guy running the front desk was friendly and very helpful. He even managed to will a power cord into existence for us!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank azephyr
Reviewed 28 July 2011

5 minutes to Nauset Beach. Several restaurants in walking distance. We had a extra large room at the standard price. The motel is older but well maintained and very clean. The owner is very much involved in the operation of the motel and more than helpful with any issues or questions. Room was very quiet as the motel is well off the road.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple