“Great staff and clean nice stay!”

Olde Tavern Motel & Inn
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Orleans
Reviewed 16 November 2011

My family enjoyed staying at the Old Tavern Motel in the Cape. Although it was my first time in the Cape and I have never stayed at any other hotel there before I thought the location and stay was nice. Yes the rooms are dated but I felt from my stay as well as seeing other places there it seems like the perfect for the area. The hotel was a good match to the historic area. The rooms were very clean and the mattresses were great! That was the one thing that was dated. I would recommend the hotel to anyone looking to stay in that area. So the price, staff and locations was perfect for my family!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 13 November 2011

Staff seldom available. But extremely talkative. Low water pressure in shower. Tub drain so slow you are standing in water. Overall poor maintenance. There are many other better choices in town. Some with continental breakfast. Don't be mislead by positive reviews as we were!

• Stayed: September 2011
7  Thank oceana101
Reviewed 27 October 2011

Service was great - very helpful and friendly. We are not a picky family and often find the understated old-style motels quite enjoyable. We don't need all the modern upgrades to make the vacation special as we spend most of the time outdoors. It is always nice though in the afternoons to have a nice room to go back to so you can take a break and relax for an hour or two before settting off for the evening. We really did not enjoy our room enough to do that. It was really dark (not enough interior lighting) and the room smelled like one of those tree-shaped deodorizers that they sell for cars. Besides that, however, the room was very clean and the bathroom shower had fantastic water pressure.

We enjoyed being so close to Orleans village as we could walk to breakfast every morning (loved Jo Mama's), to dinner, and to the market to gather supplies for the day.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank From_the_Farmlet
oldtavernmotel, Owner at Olde Tavern Motel & Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2012

A message from the Olde Tavern Motel Family Owners, with 30 years of Local Cape Cod Hospitality.
We very much appreciate your feedback. We take no offense in our attempt to interpret all reviews in a professional manner. All such constructive criticisms are then transferred to our Property Management System, and resolved. It is essential for our guests to understand our family is dedicated to proactively addressing, and updating our place here.
Please be assured all large and small repair jobs, are handled on an immediate basis. Other cited shortcomings, are sometimes best addressed in our off-season, as we strive to improve our property and accommodations on a yearly basis.

After 30 years, our love, for what we do, has only grown. Therefore, our dedication has driven us to strive for more. Ultimately, our goal is to please everyone, while realizing that it is not always possible. However, given that we see and hear the vast majority of our guests enjoying our facility, we would like to assure all past, present and future guests that we are absolutely committed to our guests' satisfaction. We value feedback from all guests equally, whether from a 25 year repeat guest, or a first time visitor, your opinion is important to us.

We love our huge repeat guest population, and work to build upon that population on a daily basis. If by chance, during your stay, you have any concerns, please visit our front desk, and we will work to resolve them. That is our promise to you, in remaining dedicated to making your stay with us as pleasurable as possible.

The Bader Family

Reviewed 14 September 2011

I am having difficulty putting into words how great this motel is. The staff is incredibly friendly, considerate and supportive, making you feel like family visiting rather than a simple guest in their motel. They made sure that my stay was as comfortable and stress free as possible. The location is perfect, very close to the ocean front and the bay side, and the staff will make sure that you know all the local spots to eat, drink, play, and do whatever it is you would like to do on the Cape! The room we stayed in was the perfect size and very clean. I would absolutely recommend this Motel to anyone looking for a place to stay on Cape Cod, two thumbs way up!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 August 2011

I had such a great experience at the Old Tavern Motel! It was the perfect location, the rooms were clean, and above all the customer service was excellent. David was personable, accommodating, and took the extra time to make us feel at home. I valued being able to stay at a place where I felt I was getting a locals perspective of the Island. I have already been back once since my initial visit and plan on making the Cape my new vacation spot!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orleans
25.1 km away
Seashore Park Inn
#7 of 8 in Orleans
5.0 km away
The Villages at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club

Been to Olde Tavern Motel & Inn? Share your experiences!