“One of the best BBQ places I've ever been to”
Review of Hoppy's Barbeque

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Hoppy's Barbeque
Ranked #109 of 178 Restaurants in Peabody
Reviewed 23 May 2017

Don't listen to those 1 star reviews. They don't know what they are talking about. This place is amazing. The owners are the best. Very polite and kind. They treat you with respect. The food is outstanding. Best BBQ I've ever had. Brisket is tender and juicy and smoked. I asked how many hours and the owner said 14 hours. 14 HOURS....that's crazy!!! He said he smokes it overnight and in the morning he gets it ready for the day. No wonder he sells out of it all the time!!! He sells it fresh!! None of that frozen crap! I also asked if there was anyone else helping him. He told me no. So 1 man prep, 1 man cook, 1 man owner. All respect goes to this guy. I'm surprised he has time to talk to me with all the work he has to do.
Ribs were amazing and the pulled pork was awesomeeeeee!!! Okay i have to stop because I'm going to be hungry after all this.

THIS IS THE PLACE TO GO!!

Reviewed 19 May 2017

gray tasteless no smoke ring leather tough , fat on Brisket was not even rendered!! that does not happen if you Smoke a Brisket for 12-16 hours! Ribs gray, no Smoke Ring no Smoke taste , some of the worst Brisket i have ever seen or tasted!! the sides were not terrible but not good, the meal got a few bites and then went into the Trash, this is NOT A OPTION for BBQ on the North Shore, stick with the place on RT114. NO SMOKE RING AND NO GREENS ON THE MENU EQUALS BOGUS BBQ!!!

Reviewed 27 March 2017

My husband and I have heard a lot of good things about this place and decide to get some takeout. At 4 o'clock they were out of brisket; we got the last couple of end pieces, and the mac and cheese was not available until 4:30. The only word I can think of to describe the food in inedible. The skin on the chicken wings was thick and tough with an unpleasant taste. The brisket was tough and chewy and so were the ribs. There are no words to describe the lack of taste of the potato salad; most of the potatoes were not fully cooked. The only positive part of the meal was the beans. My husband said the owners were very friendly. So after spending @$40, we were still hungry and sent out for pizza!

1  Thank Ramjam13
Reviewed 24 March 2017 via mobile

Have never had BBQ on the North Shore that would rival any of the greats, down south ! The ribs were tender, lightly smoked and Meaty ! There vinegar base sauce is Well balanced. The pulled pork with their Zesty ( a little thicker and a little more Zing ) Sauce is make you think you should have brought Two pounds home ! The Brisket ,Tender ,Flavorful, And for me the dry rub ( also on the ribs ) is the way we would want our BBQ to start out !! Just the right amount of spice ,sweetness and Heat !
The sides of home made fries ( Cajun or naked ) are cut to the order. The Slaw, vinegar based ,colorful with more of a kick than the standard veggie slaw .Their Home made Baked Beans are worth the Trip alone ! If you talk to Hoppy ( the Chef ) and you ask ... What's new... His southern egg rolls are almost magical !!! Hopefully the will be on the menu in the future ?

Reviewed 13 December 2016 via mobile

Great food that is not overly smokey. Portions are big and affordable. Service is friendly and happy to answer questions.

Been to Hoppy's Barbeque? Share your experiences!