“Fresh Seafood, Great prices, Great Service”

Sea Witch Restaurant & Oyster Bar
Ranked #12 of 165 Restaurants in Peabody
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 21 May 2016

There are alot of seafood restaurants in Peabody, MA. I happened to stay near the Sea Witch while working in Peabody and feel in love with the fresh seafood at a great price. From whole lobsters to a wonderful "chowda", I didn't find anything that didn't please me. Its old fashioned and family run. They also see fresh seafood next door.
I loved the fried shrimp, the fried smelt (really unique) and the lobster was so fresh. My only regret is my job ended and i didn't eat enough oysters on the half shell before i left.
Great staff and owners, I can't wait to go back!!

Reviewed 21 February 2016 via mobile

We dropped by, by chance.
We were surprised with super fresh seafood, including shrimp, calamari, but most of all, very tasty lobster.

Now, the beer deserves a special comment: we had a 22oz bluepoint that was dripping little icicles. A piece of heaven.

Highly recommended

1  Thank Sandro1967
Reviewed 14 February 2016 via mobile

Food was great and super fresh we had the baked scollops and oysters they were great
The waitresses where all helpful not one was out for them selves they worked so well together
I'd go back again as this was my first visit
Food was reasonable and top shelf

1  Thank BuddyFelt
Reviewed 8 February 2016

I have lived in the Peabody area almost my whole life. I have been to the SeaWitch many times over the years, and quite frequently during the last few years. We used to love this place, but now it is just OK. They recently changed owners and in my opinion it was not a change for the better. They used to give you rolls automatically, now you have to ask or you don't get them. On our last visit I ordered broiled scallops, which used to come on a skewer with little tomatoes. This time they were in a metal dish saturated in a pool of butter. So much for broiled being a healthy choice! I had to dry each one individually in a napkin to soak up the butter. The French fries were also very oily. I ordered butternut squash but got coleslaw instead. They did bring me the squash when I brought it to their attention. By the way, their butternut squash is the best I have ever had...so delicious. I have ordered it for Thanksgiving, it is that good.
However, I feel the overall quality of their food has declined. My boyfriend had the tuna steak on our last visit, and he said there was a portion of it that was dark colored and had a bad taste. They no longer carry the beer he likes which was at a great price. Now they have all these more expensive fancy drafts.
On another visit I heard a woman complaining to the manager about the lack of meat in her clam strips. Prices have increased and quality has decreased. It is not a bad place to eat, it is just not the great place that it once was.
The atmosphere is casual, which is fine, but the waitresses tend to talk very loudly to other customers. I have actually had to stop a conversation and wait until they stopped so that I could be heard.
I'm not sure if this most recent owner is to blame for the unfavorable changes, but it would seem so.

3  Thank carmela27
Reviewed 5 February 2016

We stopped in on a rainy night for lobster rolls. We were not disappointed. Very good, meaty, nicely seasoned, and hot fries on the side. They even packaged up a couple of disassembled lobster rolls to throw in the cooler for the trip back to Maryland. So...lobster rolls the next night too!