“Their move to Gluten free fried seafood does not wotk -- at least for me”
Review of Legal Sea Foods

Legal Sea Foods
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 165 Restaurants in Peabody
Price range: US$20 - US$50
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Rt 114 & 128
Description: The signature dish at Legal Sea Foods – really fresh fish. Seafood Nation loves our outpost in Peabody, at the junction of Routes 128 and 114. Those traveling to and from the beaches in Cape Ann are known to jump ship for some fresh catch. And those considering a fishing trip, visit us instead. Legal Sea Foods has long proven that a consistent, high quality dining experience never goes out of style. With over 40 varieties of fresh fish and shellfish available throughout the year as well as an award-winning wine list, there’s no doubt why legions of fans have fallen hook, line and sinker. We’ve received a boatload of accolades including “Most Popular Boston Restaurant” (Zagat, 2012/2013), “Best Seafood Restaurant” (Improper Bostonian, 2010), “Best Chowder” (Boston Magazine, 2010), “Best Seafood Restaurant” (Boston Phoenix, 2009) and the honor of serving our legendary New England Clam Chowder at every presidential inauguration since 1981.
Reviewed 29 April 2016

First I love Legal's seafood. I have going there for over 40 years. I now go there once to twice a week -- either to Peabody or Burlington. In fact I am off to Legal's in Burlington in 45 minutes. But, and it is a big but, I no longer eat their fried seafood. The chain made the decision to make all of their fried seafood gluten free and that was a mistake. I have spoken to managers in four Legal's about this issue, I have written notes to their web page. For me at least -- AND MAYBE NOT FOR MOST OF YOU -- the change in taste does not work. I no longer enjoy their fried calamari or fried clams or fried fish. I now eat their superb grilled fish. Maybe just one man's opinion.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 17 April 2016 via mobile

Maybe it was our mistake to eat so late, but all the chowder came out cold. The kids enjoyed their meals but we went for chowder and was disappointed.

Reviewed 13 April 2016

The food and drink was delicious and the service very friendly and helpful in the early part of the meal, then the server disappeared. No check, no water, no buddy.

Reviewed 8 April 2016

I ordered the clams and was disappointed. Hardly any batter and without much taste. Folks who ordered the steak loved it. Portions were generous enough and waitstaff very pleasant. I would go for a lunch while shopping and order a burger plate, but would skip this one for dinner.

Reviewed 5 April 2016

I should have known that Seafood Medley was the whatever they couldn't sell the previous week. My wife and I both ordered Seafood Medley and the tuna and swordfish arrived over cooked to point of shoe leather. The swordfish tasted like it was spoiling. The Salmon tasted like it had sat in a refrigerator too long. We couldn't finish it. I was tired and was going to leave without mentioning it except the waitress came over and asked how we liked the meal. Well since you asked... we told her. She said she would send over the manager. We thought "Oh good. They care". The manager came over and listened to our critique and said "Oh well, nothing I can do. See ya" or to that effect. Why bother asking if you aren't going to do anything. We paid around $28 each for meals we couldn't finish. The waitress came back and said the manager had agreed to comp our son's kids menu meal and give us desserts. Better than nothing, I guess, but a little lame for a restaurant that promotes its quality. Overall a big disappointment