“A Seafood Lover's Dream!”
Review of Legal Sea Foods

Legal Sea Foods
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 165 Restaurants in Peabody
Price range: US$20 - US$50
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Rt 114 & 128
Description: The signature dish at Legal Sea Foods – really fresh fish. Seafood Nation loves our outpost in Peabody, at the junction of Routes 128 and 114. Those traveling to and from the beaches in Cape Ann are known to jump ship for some fresh catch. And those considering a fishing trip, visit us instead. Legal Sea Foods has long proven that a consistent, high quality dining experience never goes out of style. With over 40 varieties of fresh fish and shellfish available throughout the year as well as an award-winning wine list, there’s no doubt why legions of fans have fallen hook, line and sinker. We’ve received a boatload of accolades including “Most Popular Boston Restaurant” (Zagat, 2012/2013), “Best Seafood Restaurant” (Improper Bostonian, 2010), “Best Chowder” (Boston Magazine, 2010), “Best Seafood Restaurant” (Boston Phoenix, 2009) and the honor of serving our legendary New England Clam Chowder at every presidential inauguration since 1981.
Reviewed 7 December 2016 via mobile

When in Massachusetts, I never miss an opportunity to have dinner at one of the restaurants that make up the chain, Legal Seafoods. They are all well managed, and share the same excellent menu. For me the main draw is oysters in the half-shell. The oysters available in the Virgin Islands, appear to have attended Weight Watchers, and are ready for burial! The impressive selection of oysters at Legal Seafoods is a shellfish lovers delight. On this most recent occasion, I and 6 others, ordered, and devoured 1 dozen oysters as a starter. Afterwards I had the Crab cakes, and followed that up with the fish chowder. After that, I was full! Everyone else shared various appetizers and entrees. They, as did I, praised the food and the service. If you like seafood, it's hard to surpass Legal Seafoods.

Reviewed 2 December 2016 via mobile

You know for a chair restaurant this place never disappoints me. The fish is fresh and the service is good.
The chowder and rolls are spectacular.
The entrées are superb.
The new look is good and 3x bigger
I do miss the linens on the table.
Tip
Reserve a table

Reviewed 6 November 2016

They were closed for eight weeks this summer for a complete redecoration, and the dining room looks great. As always at Legal, the food was delicious. We all had the shrimp casserole special, and shared a key lime pie for dessert. The wines we had by the glass paired well. A delightful lunch!

Reviewed 1 November 2016

I have eaten at this chain since their first restaurant in Cambridge and I still enjoy them very much, at all their locations. I go for the fried seafood which is usually crispy and not greasy, especially the whole belly clams. Their lobster bisque is also a top item, made the correct way (not chunky, just creamy with a pinch of lobster meet in the center). All other items I have tried were great. Most importantly, they toast the rolls on the outside for clam and lobster rolls - the correct New England style that I love. I notice the clam roll is not on the menu in some locations, but they can make it anyway. I can't imaging why they took it off - it is a classic. Please put it back!

Reviewed 1 November 2016

Im loving this new facelift of an old favorite. This restaurant is gorgeous inside so comfortable and the service is superior without be intrusive. I ordered the fried scallops and they melted in my mouth. The batter was so light and flakey and the coleslaw was fresh and had a great crunch to it. my husband had the seafood casserole and he said it was rich and delicious

Been to Legal Sea Foods? Share your experiences!