“Wonderful Portuguese Seafood and Wine”

Trackside Bar and Grill
Ranked #22 of 166 Restaurants in Peabody
Cuisines: Portuguese
Reviewed 18 July 2017

I now will always reflect on this meal when I see Italian Cioppino - wishing I could have this Portuguese version instead. Inexpensive wine that tasted on Pinot Grigio and flavorful, saffron infused spicy Shellfish and broth cooked to perfection.

1  Thank DubHub

Reviewed 11 July 2017

The place was small, quiet, and cute. The waiter was joking with everybody. The menu has a good choice of fish and other seafood, though I wish the grouper was fresher. Loved the Sangria. Need to figure out what the brand it was.

1  Thank Angeloved
Reviewed 22 June 2017

This was my first experience eating Portuguese food (other than store-bought caldo verde) and boy, was it wonderful! I had the octopus stew (my previous experience with octopus had only been sushi-style), and it was a revelation -- so tender and bathed in a marvelous garlic sauce. The meal was served by friendly staff, and included a dish of olives and a (re-fillable) basket of bread and rolls. Next time we're in the North Shore (we live in Maine), we'll definitely pay another visit!

Reviewed 11 April 2017

I had the marinated cubed pork with fried potatoes over little necks. Just didn't have the zing. Tasted ok, but missing something. The very close table next to us was ridiculously loud, obnoxious and rude, further ruining an evening out.

Reviewed 29 March 2017

Ate here last night with a colleague and was stunned by how good the food was..and even more impressed with the value for the quality. We shared the shellfish stew for two, which comes with a salad and rice. A plentiful helping of clams, squid, lobster, scallops, mussels...probably more...in a truly delicious tomato/fish broth. How delicious? Grab the serving spoon and start scooping it up from the serving bowl rather than let any go back to the kitchen delicious! A tasty flan for dessert and a bottle of Portuguese red for under $20 and you have the perfect family restaurant experience. Let me be clear: This is not Lutece. This is a family restaurant; simple, hearty food well made at a price that will encourage you to return even if the food missed. I recommend this restaurant as highly as any other I have yet reviewed.