“Best lobster stew evah!”

Seawitch Lobster Company
Ranked #33 of 166 Restaurants in Peabody
Reviewed 18 October 2016

My husband and I stopped in here on a chilly, drizzly afternoon to enjoy an adult beverage and a light bite to eat. We ordered the lobster stew and the clam chowder and both were phenomenal. The lobster stew was really more of a bisque, creamy and rich, with lots of bit chunks of meat and it was one of the best things I have ever tasted in my life. I am drooling now just remembering it.
The restaurant itself is a bit on the old-fashioned side, with dated decor, but the quality of food more than makes up for it.
On the other side is a lobster pound, where you can buy fresh seafood and live lobsters.

Reviewed 6 October 2016

I spent two weeks in Peabody, and had a chance to sample some of the local restaurants. Sea Witch was the worst food, the worst service and the most expensive for what you get.
The menu has changed prices so many times they use white out, and then was warned that the prices on the menu were not accurate. Indeed, when the bill came the process on the bill were different than the menu.
The oysters were not fresh, and the cocktail sauce and horseradish were so old they were bland. The fried food was greasy. I ordered a beer, and could not get the waitress to give me a refill, for half the meal I attempted to get a second beer, but no service. the place was not crowded, just pore service.

Reviewed 17 September 2016 via mobile

We have been there many times. Usually good. Picked up lobster rolls to go, worst of my entire life. Rolls dripping wet in butter, lobster tough an inedible, no mayo or lettuce. Called and informed them they better talk to the kitchen.

Reviewed 5 September 2016

My wife has always considered the Seawitch to be one of her favorite places for casual seafood dining in the Peabody area. We had the opportunity to have dinner there recently and were disappointed in the quality of the food. The service was quick and friendly as always, but the breaded fish dish my wife ordered was more crust than fish, and the whole belly clams were not fresh and most weren't even whole belly.
Perhaps we just caught a bad day, but we would not return to this venue based on this meal.

Reviewed 23 August 2016 via mobile

On a quick trip to Boston recently, I zipped north out of Logan, up Rt 1 to Peabody, MA. Expectations were met in every way. Lots of moist meat in a crisp roll. Nirvana along the coast.