“would of been perfect if help would have been more inviting”

Petersham Country Store
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Petersham
Cuisines: Healthy, Cafe
Reviewed 2 September 2017

I was looking for a nice country restaurant to pick up a something unique for breakfast so I found this place on TripAdvisor which is about 20 miles from my home. I had the Blueberry French toast (Brioche Bread) made with Maine Blueberries, local maple syrup and a dollup of soucream, served with a side of local Bacon. It was delicious! My friend had the Breakfast burrito and it was stuffed with goodies, a bit spicy but in a good way. He had the homefries with it also and it it was delicious as well. The setting is quite charming and you sit in amongst local crafts that are for sale. This is not a cheap place to go, but the food was very good. The only flaw that held me back from giving it a 5 star rating is the help. When we walked in we didn't know what to do, there are tables about and you can't tell (at first) if you seat yourself or order at the counter first or what???? There was a gentlemen (seemed to be the owner) that was working away at the register and saw that we didn't know what to do yet said nothing. Finally I asked and he said you order here, the food is then cooked and you pick it up and sit yourself. That needs to be made more obvious. He could have been a bit more cordial since he could tell we were not locals and didn't know what to do at first. This is not a huge drawback but for a country store setting I would have thought it would have been more folksy.

Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

We were hiking in Petersham and stopped in for lunch. The menu had a lot of variety. The three of us each got a different wrap. Each wrap had wonderful fresh ingredients. They had great seating inside, but we ate in the park outside. Their restroom was very clean, which is always an added benefit.

Reviewed 8 July 2017 via mobile

We have been to the Country Store maybe four or five times...it is so pleasant. The food has been very good. Don't miss the chowder. And the music is playing in the background guietly. Again, the atmosphere is pleasant. They have some neat cards and works of local artists. What's not to like? Oh, want produce or some wine or beer? They have it.

Reviewed 20 March 2017

Save yourself time and go somewhere else! Way overrated, clerk today (bald bearded dude) rung up my purchases, says $7, takes the money, gives me back the change and turns and walks away! WTF?? Not a thanks, not a have nice day nothing. Not what you would expect at a historic county store, drove 55 minutes to get there, never again!!

Reviewed 18 October 2016 via mobile

This country store has local produce and meats for sale as well as food staples. The cafe in the rear is charming with many local arts and crafts on display for purchase. The soups are homemade as well as the cookies, scones, muffins etc.
The wraps and sandwiches are creative and well done. A charming stop if you're in the beautiful area of Petersham.

Been to Petersham Country Store? Share your experiences!