“Pricey”

Add it.
Gigi's Cupcakes
Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in McCandless
Reviewed 24 April 2017

This place has a lot of options for cupcakes, which is great but they arent the best cupcakes I've ever had to justify the price. Friendly staff. The red velvet is probably my favorite

Reviewed 13 March 2017

This is not my first time tasting Gigi's, but my first time at this location. The cupcakes are beautiful and I feel the prices are as expected for upscale cupcakes. The service was fine and the selection was beautiful and plentiful. My only complaint is that while I personally am a fan of American buttercream, they need to tweak their recipe. It is way too sweet and they pile it too high. The almond cupcake was delicious!

Reviewed 26 February 2017

Gigi's Cupcakes offers up case after case of gorgeous cupcakes, piled high with frosting and topped with various artistic touches. The offer a standard set of cupcakes - Birthday, Red Velvet, Chocolate - and a rotating offering of other flavors. They also offer 1-3 GF options, but get there early - they usually run out before dinner time. I gave them an extra star just for offering GF, but the cost of the cupcakes is a real issue.
The frosting is a bit on the sweet side, and the GF cupcake I had was slightly dry. They don't frost all the way to the liner, leaving a bit of cake exposed which may lead to drying. I'm not a huge frosting fan - I tend to take about half off on a normal cupcake. On these, I take almost all of it off.
The price is what kills me on these. Yes, they're pretty. Yes, they're piled high with frosting. Yes, they have a lovely little shop in a high-traffic affluent area. But $3.50 for ONE cupcake? I can go up to a regular bakery and get a cupcake for $1 that tastes amazing! Even GF cupcakes from a dedicated bakery aren't this expensive! I do appreciate that they DON'T charge extra for GF, but that makes the regular ones seem even more expensive. $40 for a dozen cupcakes seems a bit much.

Reviewed 24 February 2017 via mobile

I ordered 12 cupcakes for 39 dollars!! Very expensive. There is quite a bit of icing on each cupcake if you like icing. I had an assortment of flavors. The wedding cake was terrific. It just seemed extremely expensive for a dozen cupcakes.

Reviewed 18 February 2017

We saw this on our way to dinner and decided to stop afterwards. It was well worth it! the cupcakes were delicious and very inexpensive. The employees were friendly and courteous! We will go back for sure.