“Best sushi in Pittsfield”
Review of SHIRO LOUNGE

SHIRO LOUNGE
Ranked #29 of 180 Restaurants in Pittsfield
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Japanese cuisine including teriyakis, udons, sushi & sashimi. Serving both lunch & dinner with a bar.
Reviewed 12 December 2015

My family really enjoys Shiro for sushi and all things Japanese.
Service is very fast, staff friendly, and sushi inventive and very tasty - always fresh. Also, conveniently located across from movie theater - perfect for a night out.

Reviewed 28 October 2015

Very convenient restaurant for theater and / or movie goers, the food is fresh and delicious . Service is friendly and efficient.

Reviewed 14 October 2015

Maybe we came on an off night, but the service was indifferent and the sushi kinda meh. We both ordered "sushi regular" with a salad. The salad was a particular disappointment. That orange-y colored dressing that should be fragrant with ginger and sort of creamy? It had little flavor, almost no ginger or pungency. And for what we got--and sushi regular dinner is a go-to for us when we eat sushi while on the road--we thought it a bit pricey.

I see that the place is well regarded. I'd be willing to give it second try if we are ever back in the Pittsfield area, maybe. Not sure.

Reviewed 8 October 2015

Intimate setting, delicious food, reasonably priced.. fun night out for two. Tempura batter was light and tasty... vegetables were crisp and fresh ... shrimp was large and very satisfying... can't wait to go back again.

Reviewed 23 August 2015

First, let me say that I am very picky about my sushi. It was good, the rice not too sweet, but not the best I've had - or the worst. The mackerel with ginger roll was the best. I thought that some of the fish was a bit on the flabby side as if it had been thawed a little too long. The service was great and the decor very nice.