“Beautiful settings and tasteful dining”
Review of Rye Tavern

Rye Tavern
Ranked #23 of 209 Restaurants in Plymouth
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

Rye Tavern is about 20 min drive from Plymouth and is located within a forest area. In the last portion of the drive you would start to hesitate weather you are driving in the right direction as the road gets bumpy and even muddy.
Once you arrive there you see a marvellous athmosphere; a restaurant renovated from an old barn with a beautiful decoration, a great patio and a large outside bar
looking into the green that surrounds the place.
We wanted to dine out on the patio since it was in July.
The only problem was that the lady that checks the reservations was very rude! She made a fuss about us wanting to change our table since it started to rain outside although we already had a reservation inside. When we asked about how we could dine outside when it is raining and there is no umbrella on the table she said that it is our problem and not hers. Very rude attitude!..Thanks God that our waiter and the manager of the place were kind enough to offer us a seat inside and ask for excuse about the behaviour of the receptionist. What a pity since the place, the menu and the service was great and the food is kust excellent. Real fine dining that my wife and I always look for.
The Rye Tavern certainly deserves a 5 star rating; but I have given 4 because of the rudeness of just one receptionist that does harm to the reputation of the place.

Reviewed 10 July 2017

We visited the Rye a few years ago and were happy to make a return trip in June. We visited mid-week and the outdoor bar area was busy late into the evening. The staff were friendly but perhaps slightly less attentive than might have been wished. The food was great, though. Cocktails were imaginative and tasty. The sea scallops were excellent. And their chowder was a delicious surprise. The chowder itself was excellent, and it is presented in a bowl with a small scoop of mashed potatoes in one side of the bowl and 4-5 of perhaps the best breaded clam strips I've ever had perched on top of the mashed potatoes. Berry cobbler topped off a great night.

1  Thank ToniMatt
Reviewed 9 July 2017

Called for a reservation on a Saturday morning and was told 5 or 8 PM was all they could accommodate. I chose 5PM. A few hours later i was called to confirm my reservation for 6PM. I said okay and then was given some story about how they don't take reservations for outside at that hour but since it was their mistake (huh?) they would accommodate us. An hour later I get another call that says you called and made.a reservation with me today for 3 people at 5, I said yes but someone called to tell me it was t 6. She said, "there is no 6 PM reservation available". I acknowledge my original reservation for 5 was fine.

We showed up at 5:20 free being lost in Pine Hills and bouncing down some dirt road to get there and were admonished for being 1/2 hour late. The hostess was a very young girl with an attitude that was unbecoming of someone supposedly "welcoming" you as a hostess. She lectured us as she was showing us to our set that since we were late we needed to know that they expected us to leave by 7.

The food was good no I would love to return but I do not want to see her again!

Reviewed 27 June 2017

We frequent the Rye Tavern a few times a month especially during the summer when we may either sit outside or at the outdoor bar. The food and service has always been above average. A nice evening for outdoor sitting and seats at the bar were available, we chose the bar. The attentiveness of the bartenders was lacking they were more interested in talking amongst themselves then working. The tavern was not busy no wait. We were disappointed in that our favorite place to go may no longer be.

Reviewed 19 June 2017 via mobile

Awesome food and service. They have an amazing outside bar in a country setting. Gardens and Corn Hole too!