“Very friendly and good selection”

Plymouth Bay Winery
Ranked #9 of 73 things to do in Plymouth
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: We are the Plymouth Bay Winery and we help wine and food lovers "Experience Delicious"! We create products and generate ideas to bring out the "Chef" in you! Located in America's Hometown, Plymouth, MA, we craft wines (and wine related products) from fruits native to the Northeast USA. Take a pilgrimage with us to a New World of flavor! Play with Bay!
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I have mixed review on this winery. I did find the tasting to be a good deal. It cost $10 for choice of keepsake wineglass (stemmed or stemless) and to taste all of the wines - I didn't count but I believe there were about 10. They also have jellies and cooking sauces made with their wines which they will sample any of them. The customer service is outstanding.. very friendly, warm, inviting like visiting a friend. The husband of the owner (he says he works for her...hahaha) was there and very kindly thanked me for stopping in and for my purchase. It was a genuine thank you and I really appreciated that as a visitor to the area and the winery.
The other side of my review is... sigh... I wasn't a huge fan of the wines. All of the wines are sweet which is fine for me. The issue is that they all taste alike. The lady who served me told me that the fruit used is all New England fruit. I'm not sure if that is the "issue" or the winemaking, however the fruit wines were not strong in the fruit flavor. They all tasted the same!! Not terrible, but didn't stand out. The staff did show me a whole bunch of recipes that they have on their website for cooking with their wines and mixing drinks such as sangria. I picked up a couple of bottles mostly due to how kind and welcoming they are at this winery. The cooking sauces were also quite tasty so I did grab a couple of those bottles as well. Would recommend for something to do in the area and to nice local owned winery.

All reviews
in 9 reviews
"wineries"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed 28 February 2018

As a local, I have tried the Plymouth Bay Winery wines before but have never stopped into their store. I had family visiting so we decided to walk around Plymouth on a rarely warm February afternoon. I wanted to pick up a bottle of Cranberry wine for my sister in law, so we popped in. The owner was there and offered us a wine tasting. You can taste one sample for free, several for $5 or all of them in a wine glass you take home for $10. (you also get to taste some of their amazing jellies). A few of us did the $10 tasting, a couple did the $5. These are "fruity" wines, but not overly sweet. I generally drink pinot noir or cabernet, so quite the opposite of these, but I still enjoyed them.

The owner is very personable (the jokes are free!). The gift shop has a lot of great wine related items.

Would definitely recommend stopping in.

Michael C, Owner at Plymouth Bay Winery, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2018

Thank you so much for your kind words! It is a pleasure serving you! We are glad you enjoyed your experience!

Reviewed 25 December 2017 via mobile

Stopped by for a fun afternoon the day before Christmas. Love this time of year. Plymouth Bay is now a sure favorite. Great wines and even jellies, plus an amazing gift shop. Owners Pam and Mike are so friendly. Ten tastes and glass for $10

Reviewed 30 November 2017 via mobile

Great fruit wine. Friendly staff so knowledgeable about pairing and recipes for their wine. Great experience. Also the gifts are great finds. I would highly recommend a fun, informative and really delicious experience wine tasting.

See more reviews
Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

We love sweet wines so this was a great spot for us. We were able to taste all their wines and receive a glass to take home for only $10. Plus you get a chance to taste any of their jellies. The employee serving us was extremely informative, accommodating, and friendly. We would’ve bought their wine and jellies to take home but we weren’t able to take them in our carry on bag for the flight home. They even stayed open after their listed hours to accommodate late arriving guests. Check them out! A great establishment with free parking not far from Plymouth Rock.