“Kinda of Dispointing”

Comfort Inn Plymouth
Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Plymouth
Reviewed 24 September 2017

This is my third visit to the motel over the years. Had to change rooms because AC and TV did not work in the first room. Both rooms smelled to me like a wet dog, could be because of the rain outside. Breakfast was good and the lady maintaining the breakfast area was outstanding, well organized, and pleasant. Probably will pass on the motel on the next visit.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Charles59s, Manager at Comfort Inn Plymouth, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2017

Thank you for staying with us. I apologize that the room had some issues and that you had to change rooms. Please know that we have rectified the problems that occurred during your stay. We would appreciate it if you would please consider staying with again during your future travels. Please ask for the manager so we can provide you with provide with a pleasant stay. Have a wonderful day.

Keelas Small
Manager

Reviewed 23 September 2017

An average hotel but the employees upped their game to get my 4 stars. We got a great price for the evening which encouraged our choice although there are a few places closer to downtown. Quiet and easy access to town or heading out.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 September 2017

Prices are 130.00+ per night and higher depending on the day- weekday/weekend. Even had a discounted room because the reason for travel was the Mayflower Society.
This is a nonprofit tax exempt society, and I should not be charged room tax.
Not a friendly manager - when I checked in she was insistent that nobody except Federal agents get tax exempt rooms (the explanation went on and on)... Don't really want to deal with her again.
Room was fine, and the TV had a complicated remote; I had a hard time turning it off. it wouldn't. TV stayed on all night. and I'm here for another 3 days...ARGH
Missed the free breakfast by 10 minutes (i'm on a different time zone, not ET). The kitchen gals were happy to give me 2 hard boiled eggs, but the cranky little manager came marching over to command me that I," should ask at the front desk when needing anything". It looked like she wanted to berate the kitchen staff for helping me.
The night before, I tried to call the front desk about the TV. The phone line seemed dead- no dial or ring tone or anything. I was uncertain whether a movie was charged to my room (difficult remote control). I mentioned it to the manager and she said they don't have that service so there is no room charge. Seemed odd when the TV screen said the movie would be charged for, and I'll check my bill later.
There are lots of things to do in Plymouth area, I like the hotel location and the historic sites.

Room Tip: I have a first floor room near the back. Parking and room access were excellent.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 September 2017

This is handy for the motorway but not a lot else. Consider it as a motel. It is a 20 minute walk into town along a busy road. The Cumberland Farm shop across the road sells chocolate and cheap beer (ID required). The breakfast is served in the reception area on polystyrene plates and its a bit manic. The hot scrambled egg and sausage was excellent.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 August 2017

My husband and I, along with my brother and his wife were in Plymouth last week for my nephew's wedding. We decided not to stay at either of the hotels he had chosen to block because the price even with the block rate was too high. We chose this hotel because it was in close proximity to the other hotels and the wedding venue at Plimouth Plantation, and I've stayed at Choice properties in the past.

The hotel is definitely starting to show its age (i.e. the doors in our room squeaked and the elevator ride was a little scary), but it was 'comfortable' for the two days that we were there. I enjoyed having a microwave and refrigerator, as we did use it during the trip.

Breakfast was tasty for the two days we were there, but they didn't really change things up from Friday to Saturday....still no complaints. I didn't use the pool, but I did use the business center (which is oddly placed in the breakfast area) so if you really wanted to do business you wouldn't have much privacy. I only needed to print boarding passes, so it was not a problem for me.

The one thing that I did not like and the reason I did not give the rating a 5 star is that housekeeping never came to make up our room. I made sure that the privacy sign was NOT on the door and we left out at noon. When we got back at 4, the room was as we had left it. I did end up getting more towels but we also ran out of toiletries, which was a bit of a pain. I mentioned it to the front desk staff, but by then it was too late to do anything about it.

Speaking of the front desk staff, everyone we encountered was VERY helpful and friendly, providing us with directions and maps the many times that we asked. Checkout was seamless even though I booked both reservations under my name. It was very easy for both my brother and I to check out separately.

Overall I had a good stay and would return again on a future visit to Plymouth.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Plymouth
2.3 km away
4.9 km away
Baymont Inn & Suites Kingston Plymouth Bay
10.9 km away
Mirbeau Inn & Spa at The Pinehills

Been to Comfort Inn Plymouth? Share your experiences!