All reviewsother guestsevery morningcommercial streetp townhappy hourgolden retrieverblueberry pancakesplace to stayhome away from homelook forwardsocial houryogurtbeach towelshard boiled eggsbobfireplaceaccommodations
Reviewed 13 October 2016

We stayed for the second year in a row here this past July and the Somerset House Inn has become our favorite place in Ptown. We've vacationed here every summer for around 8 years and stayed in many of the local hotels but last year was our first B&B experience and we just loved it. Both times we stayed in the largest room of the house on the first floor which has a nice sunroom with a view of busy Commercial street, perfect for people watching. Bob goes above and beyond in service, whether serving their delicious homemade breakfast in the morning, to making sure my wife had non-dairy soy milk for her cereal, to moving in a rolling bed for my sister who joined us for a night. Happy hour with wine, beer and light snacks every evening was my favorite part of the day. Located right in the middle of the action but peaceful enough to relax, I highly recommend Somerset House Inn.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 September 2016

I stayed with Bob and Dan for the fifth time. If you like talking to your host and other guests this is the best place to stay. The fresh baked breakfast is always worth getting up on time. Bob adds new recipies to his menu all the time so you will never have the same breakfast even if you stay for a while. If you do the bike trail or go to the beach make shure to be back for happy hour at 5 pm to sit down in the garden or on the front porch to chat with the other house guests.
The Inn is located towards the east end on commercial street where it gets a little more quiet so you'll catch a good sleep and be ready for the busy town during the day.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 August 2016 via mobile

First off location is great ! Bob is a great host , always there to help out ! We had rooms upstairs on 2nd floor and I suggest this if you prefer super quiet rooms ! 5pm wine and snacks were always perfect for us to hold us until dinner ! Clean, super soft sheets ! Will be back!

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 August 2016 via mobile

I'm usually weary of staying in a bed and breakfast ,the noise , the lack of privacy , quirky rooms etc ,again this proved me right
The good : exterior of bed and breakfast was nice and freshly pained with a deck overlooking the main drag , located smack in the center of town
The Bad :the interior is in desperate need of renovation . My room was old and tattered. The bathroom straight out
Of the 70s and not in a good way . I was on the noisy main floor and could hear everything. My room had such an overwhelming stench of ammonia it was unbearable. When I asked to change my room ( B+B was only half full ) , I was told in a rather rude way that I would have to upgrade. Paying already a lot on this off season room ,I said no.
The ugly : my bathtub was not fit to wash a dog in, the shower curtain old as with towels and sheets grey tattered ,along with a noisy air conditioner . B+B, never again

Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
SHI, Owner at Somerset House Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2017

As a bed and breakfast owner I welcome constructive criticism. Some of the items the guest mentioned reflect a very different experience from most guests. The guest booked his room on a different booking engine than ours therefore giving us the choice of which room to put him in. The only room in the price range he chose was a first floor room. Upon arrival the guest was not happy with the first floor room. As he stated the house was half full and we did give him the option of moving to a room for a $31 additional charge. He declined. As far as his criticism for the room being dated I invite all to view our website and to view the rooms. You will see updated rooms with modern amenities including noise less air conditioning units.

The guest stated at the beginning of his review that he is "weary" of staying in a bed and breakfast so unfortunately there was never going to be an opportunity to please him. I spoke at length with the guest at breakfast the next morning and he did not mention any problems with the room. As a word of advice it's important to offer this feedback at the time of your stay so if a matter can be corrected/resolved it gives the staff the opportunity.

Bob Klytta, Owner

Reviewed 19 July 2016 via mobile

I've been staying at the Somerset House almost every summer for more than 10 years. For me it has become as synonymous with Provincetown as the Pilgrim Monument and the Lobster Pot. Bob is a warm and genial host who greets his guests like friends, and as the many positive reviews here attest his breakfasts are legendary. Once during the last 10 years I stayed at another inn and I regretted it the entire trip; nowhere else compares to the Somerset House!

Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo