“Tatters of the South”
Review of Somerset House Inn

Somerset House Inn
Ranked #30 of 63 Provincetown B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 June 2017

Remnants of the Old South (keys did not work for the room). We arrived at 1:00PM, and check out at 1:15 pm. The Room was dated and worn. False advertisement by Innkeeper and website. We were told, we would be given a Queen Size bed, but we received a full-size bed. The Inn Keeper was rude and unhelpful. After traveling over 9 hours to get there, we could not stay. My daughter in law went into labour that day and I had to bring my granddaughter. The website does not read, “Children are not allowed”. After paying for the room, the Innkeeper said we could not stay and did not return any money and did not suggest any other place to stay.

Room Tip: Run Away, proceed with caution
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
SHI, Owner at Somerset House Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2017

I would first like to state that I am sorry for the way this happened.

It is true that I did not allow the guest to stay and it was because she had a 3 year old with her. It is also true that she arrived around 1 PM and only stayed 15 minutes but the rest of the review is fabrication. Upon the guests early arrival I offered to check her in (a perfect time to tell me about her grandchild but she did not). She proceeded to the desk and we processed her balance. I then offered to take her to her room but she had plugged in her computer and said she had something to do. So I waited. I needed to leave the office so one of my staff took over and at that point the guest's partner and grandchild came in asking to use the bathroom. My staff person took them to the room and upon my return told me about the child. I then asked the guest if she had a child with her and if the child was staying at the inn. Her response was yes. I asked how old and she said 3 and then I explained we do not allow children under 12 at the inn. The 15 minutes the guest spent on her computer she could have told me about the child. She could have told me when she checked in or she could have called to tell me. She chose to not tell me. I asked her when she was going to tell me and she had no response. In her review she states things backwards, she first paid and then I found out about her grandchild 15 minutes later.

I can assure you that the keys work, the bed is queen size, the room is modern and the website states that we do not allow children.

Bob Klytta, Owner

Reviewed 24 April 2017

The Somerset House Inn was recommended to us by two friends and we couldn't have enjoyed our stay more. Bob is a wonderful host and made us feel welcome right from the start. My husband and I had never been to Provincetown; we loved every minute of our experience. Somerset House Inn served as our "home away from home" for the weekend and was a comfortable and welcome retreat. The Inn is within walking distance to everywhere and our car stayed parked in the same spot all weekend. Shops, biking, museums, and wonderful restaurants are all just steps away from this wonderful location. We cannot wait to go back to P-Town and explore even more of this area of the Cape.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 January 2017

I had a lovely stay here in December for my first Provincetown Holly Follies! I arrived at night, check in was easy, and lucky for me it was wine and cheese time! Perfecto :)
The room was comfortable for my stay and I enjoyed chatting with the Inn Keeper & the other guests.
If you're thinking of booking here go for it!

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 December 2016 via mobile

Loved it! We stayed here for Holly Folly Weekend during the Christmas holiday season. Terrific innkeepers, great breakfast, beautiful room with fireplace and jacuzzi tub. Also a great location to everything in Provincetown. Can't wait to go back!

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 November 2016

Great inn, great location, great breakfasts & the best owners ever! Can't ask for anything more! Highly recommend The Somerset Inn. We have stayed here 5 times and are planning on going back next summer. It's our home away from home!

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple