“Felt so at home”
Review of Somerset House Inn

Somerset House Inn
Ranked #30 of 63 Provincetown B&B and Inns
Reviewed 28 July 2017

Third time staying with Bob & Dan. This time came alone for a couple of nights, had a room facing Commercial St with a peek at the harbor (midweek, no festival on, so street not noisy.) Very thoughtful: beach towels, umbrellas, full computer center. Huge breakfast made lunch unnecessary, so didn't have to interrupt the day. Nice room to hang out in downstairs when the rain hit.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo

Reviewed 26 July 2017

2017 was my third consecutive year staying at The Somerset House for a week over 4th of July. This review will be both brief-and glowing. This inn continues to provide: comfortable lodging with outstanding room service and attention to detail; free WORKING Wi-fi; a quieter location on the east side of MacMillan Wharf; hands-down best homemade pastries and included breakfasts (always adding new items each year), the quiche, muffins and scones are to die for; a lovely wine/appetizer happy hour; other guests who are friendly and may become friends. After three stays, it feels like I am staying WITH friends Bob, Dan and Bizzo (a sometime-desk clerk-golden retriever) I look forward to visits for many years to come and highly recommend.

Room Tip: Book early to get best rooms during high season. Rooms are non street side are very quiet (for old b...
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 July 2017

The Somerset House Inn is a great place to stay in Provincetown. The location is right on Commercial Street but it is still quiet. The staff was very friendly and nice. I enjoyed the breakfast including the blueberry pancakes, quiche, waffles, etc. The room was beautiful and clean and the bed was very comfy. I cannot wait to go back and stay at this great inn!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 July 2017 via mobile

We've been going to this B&B for 6 years now. It was highly recommended to us by a client of mine. Bob and Dan are the most attentive and accommodating hosts possible. I've been to many B&B's, especially on Martha's Vineyard and the Cape, but I give these guys a well deserved 5 stars. Quaint rooms, very quaint house, Impeccable cleanliness. Breakfast is different everyday and no continental breakfast food here. Home made that morning, 100%. Eggs Benedict may be offered, or one of many choices over your stay. Every morning is different. Portuguese muffins, along with regular bread choices. Yogurt, not store brands, hard boiled eggs, certain breakfast items are staples you can count on. Jam in little individual jars. Who does that anymore??
What gets me here are the little things. Umbrellas, because it can rain unexpectedly and I'll bet you didn't bring one. Parking if not on the premise, is otherwise taken care of. They recommend and make restaurant reservations for you. Haven't asked for anything they haven't been able to help me with.

Location location location!!!!! Right in the heart of P Town on Commercial Street and across from a sandy bay beach, which is subject to the tides we learned. Other great beaches a short ride away, I'm pretty sure there is a shuttle to one, but never took it. Shops and more shops, just walk, they are right next door.

I can't recommend anywhere I've ever stayed higher between accommodations, customer service, all around a 5 star. This isn't a glamorous club, this is a quaint historic type creatively decorated B&B. If you want glamour go to a fancy hotel. If that's your preference. I'll take quaint any day.

The icing on this cake, is they offer local and not, beer, wine, and an appetizer type food from 5pm-6pm for everyone free of charge. It kind of pulls people staying there together for a social hour. And who does that anymore?

Now, go to their website, and make that reservation! You will have zero regrets, because my expectations are on the high side, and I was never disappointed. You'll have a new place to go back to. Every year for that weekend of just the two of you.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 June 2017

Remnants of the Old South (keys did not work for the room). We arrived at 1:00PM, and check out at 1:15 pm. The Room was dated and worn. False advertisement by Innkeeper and website. We were told, we would be given a Queen Size bed, but we received a full-size bed. The Inn Keeper was rude and unhelpful. After traveling over 9 hours to get there, we could not stay. My daughter in law went into labour that day and I had to bring my granddaughter. The website does not read, “Children are not allowed”. After paying for the room, the Innkeeper said we could not stay and did not return any money and did not suggest any other place to stay.

Room Tip: Run Away, proceed with caution
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
SHI, Owner at Somerset House Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2017

I would first like to state that I am sorry for the way this happened.

It is true that I did not allow the guest to stay and it was because she had a 3 year old with her. It is also true that she arrived around 1 PM and only stayed 15 minutes but the rest of the review is fabrication. Upon the guests early arrival I offered to check her in (a perfect time to tell me about her grandchild but she did not). She proceeded to the desk and we processed her balance. I then offered to take her to her room but she had plugged in her computer and said she had something to do. So I waited. I needed to leave the office so one of my staff took over and at that point the guest's partner and grandchild came in asking to use the bathroom. My staff person took them to the room and upon my return told me about the child. I then asked the guest if she had a child with her and if the child was staying at the inn. Her response was yes. I asked how old and she said 3 and then I explained we do not allow children under 12 at the inn. The 15 minutes the guest spent on her computer she could have told me about the child. She could have told me when she checked in or she could have called to tell me. She chose to not tell me. I asked her when she was going to tell me and she had no response. In her review she states things backwards, she first paid and then I found out about her grandchild 15 minutes later.

I can assure you that the keys work, the bed is queen size, the room is modern and the website states that we do not allow children.

Bob Klytta, Owner