“Great Location”
Review of Boatslip Resort

Boatslip Resort
Ranked #12 of 15 Hotels in Provincetown
Reviewed 12 October 2017

We had a great time, the hotel was fine and the location is perfect. I only gave it 3 stars because it could use some updating but for the price and location it was perfect. I would stay here again...

Room Tip: Harbor view is great and away from the pool area so it is a little quieter.

Reviewed 9 October 2017

We stayed here for 2 nights and got complimentary breakfast, free admission to Tea Dance both nights, and FREE parking!! We had a king room with a BIG balcony overlooking the pool and ocean! What a view!! Can't beat it! Sunrise AND the full moonrise!! The staff was courteous and kind our entire stay, and offered assistance with luggage! Pillows were excellent. Room was clean. Water pressure in shower was a bit lacking, but didn't pose a problem for us! I like the Queen rooms a bit better, but you can't beat the balcony with the king rooms! Tea Dance 4p-7p was a lot of fun! Great music and dancing. Yes, the drinks are $10 apiece... but off season there were no lines!! It was busy, but not jam packed like during the summer either. I have to say something about the staff after the dance is over....they clear everyone out and CLEAN that place like you wouldn't believe! I watched from my balcony...they have it down pat! All trash was emptied, inside and out, all chairs put back, dance floor swept and mopped, and rails and bars all cleaned with cleaner and wiped down within 17 minutes!! Amazing! After 8pm Saturday there was a private wedding reception and there were no tell tale signs of any Tea Dance Crazy Fun!! Looking forward to staying here again soon!!

Room Tip: King rooms have huge balcony
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 October 2017

I don't consider a summer complete without going to Teadance at the Boatslip at least once- but it had been over 25 years since I stayed at the hotel. I was headed to Provincetown for another event, so my partner and I decided to check it out. We had a king room with a deck overlooking the pool. I loved that the hotel had the same red lanterns hanging from the beams of the upper floor as they had in the 80's when I first stayed there- sort of kitschy/charming. The room itself was clean and spacious- lots of room to move about. The bed itself was a firm, coil mattress as opposed to memory foam. I prefer a firm mattress over a soft one so I was okay with this.

The bathroom was out of place with the rest of the room though. The sink and mirror were located by the door in to the room, separate from the bathtub and toilet. No issue with this (our usual hotel has this as well), but the counter and lighting looked like it was last updated in the 80's. To the left was a separate room for the tub and toilet. It was not what I expected- very small, low ceiling, laminate surround for the tub, towel bars that were wooden closet bars with a partial vinyl cover. While the bathroom was clean and functional, it was not what I expect in any hotel room.

Our room had a small balcony overlooking the pool, but more important to me, Provincetown Harbor. The view of the harbor at sunrise and sunset is amazing. It is also nice for checking out the crowd at teadance before headed down. The slider to the deck was pretty good- I could hear the music from tea, but not at an ear splitting volume. But why stay in your room? Admission to Tea is included in your hotel stay.

The Boatslip has a decent breakfast. I was happy to have eggs and sausage in addition to the typical continental fare provided at most hotels. It started later than I am used to (8AM). Not bad, but I am an early riser.

I you drive- parking is only available for certain classes of rooms, and for a $20/day charge.

Everyone at the hotel was friendly and helpful, from the folk I spoke with on the phone making my reservation, the ladies who cleaned our and set up breakfast, to our favored bartender at teadance.

While I did enjoy my stay at the Boatslip, I probably would not stay again until their bathrooms are modernized. They are really out-of-step with bathrooms at most hotels these days. Teadance though? Yeah, I'll be there!

Room Tip: Pool view rooms for a view of pool and harbor. Check on parking when you reserve!
Reviewed 14 September 2017

this hotel is what it is. beds look fine but are back breakers. still tiny bathrooms don't fit the bill. still have to throw my leg around a wall to use the toilet. and then this year was security. i could get to my room from tea dance but no one else could. they could, however, use the main staircase to get to my room without going past security. made no sense. even IF that someone had paid already for tea dance. they need a security pro to figure this one out. seriously, it's not that hard. if they've paid for tea, they can come and go when escorted by a person renting a room. if not, they need to pay first. we're back in two years time but not here. ever. again.

Room Tip: rooms facing the pool are cool. but the cement block main building might be quieter...if it's no...
Reviewed 7 September 2017

Stayed there mid-week last week for one day and was not impressed. We were on a two week trip so we had heavy suitcases, and there were no elevators, so we had to drag them up the stairs. To be fair, the check-in staff asked if we needed help with our luggage and we said no, but that was before we knew there weren't elevators. We got to the room and it was tiny. It did have a triangular balcony with a partial sea view, so that wasn't so bad, but the room was awful. There were built-in wall shelves that were shared with the bathroom, so two shelves could be accessed from the bathroom and two from the bedroom, but it was built and painted so poorly, it looked like a twelve year old did the work. There were gaps so big you could see into the other room. The bed was comfortable, but we could only get a double bed, not even a queen size (which wouldn't have fit into the room anyway). In the bathroom, because of the built in, you have to sit sideways on the toilet because one knee won't fit. And all of this can be yours for only $400 plus mid-week. For that price, you'd think this place could afford a few upgrades to the room. We thought about having breakfast in the morning, but you could see into the dining room from our balcony and I saw people eating on plastic disposable plates, so we decided to eat in town. This place has no business calling itself a resort. Run-down motel would be a better description. The place wasn't ALL bad though. The check-in staff were super nice and offered to help with anything we needed and the staff at the 4pm daily tea dance were great too. It's also in a great location. Unfortunately, that doesn't make up for an overpriced bad room, so I would never stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple