“Fun Afternoon”

The Monkey Bar
Ranked #78 of 142 Restaurants in Provincetown
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Chinese, Thai
Reviewed 22 August 2015

We arrived in P-town via Ferry in the am and our room was going to be a few hours before we could check in. It was sunny and hot and we decided to duck into the Monkey Bar whose AC was particularly inviting. My husband and I sat down and ended up staying a few hours. Mike the bartender was so nice. He had a wonderful crowd of thirsty and friendly people who also ended up staying a few hours. We ordered an appetizer and it was a delicious compliment to the refreshing drinks we were enjoying. A friend called and asked me where would be a good place to view the Carnival Parade and I sent her to The Monkey Bar!!!

Reviewed 19 August 2015

The Monkey bar and Johnny Thai is always a great choice when looking for Thai or Chinese food. They do have other items on the menu but I go here for the Thai food. Stopped in for an early dinner with friends that have had drinks here but have never ate dinner. They were happy they tried it and will be back for sure. I tried something off the menu I had not had before, Me, my boyfriend and lover. Shrimp, beef and chicken in a sweet and spicy chili sauce. It was hot and delicious. My friends had beef pad Thai and peanut chicken. They ate every last piece as did I. Great service and amazing food.

Reviewed 18 August 2015

This is a fun place for a cocktail--they have quite a selection. Also tends to be a fun mixed crowd. The bartenders are a bit inconsistent. We had key lime pie cocktail three times on different days- great, good and terrible. Food is tasty, well prepared. Stay away from anything greasy.

Reviewed 18 August 2015 via mobile

Too small, nothing special except for a really bad attitude from the bar tender. Definitely not worth about $12 a drink.

Reviewed 16 August 2015 via mobile

One of my favorite dinners in Provincetown. A lengthy creative cocktail list is a great way to start. As appetizers, the sushi was amazing and the dumplings were tasty. For entrees, our Thai peanut chicken wasn't very spicy, but it had great taste. Our entire group had wonderful Chinese and Thai entrees. It is a little expensive for Asian cuisine, but it was delicious.