All reviews the cottages west end bedroom cottage three bedroom full kitchen picture window cape cod provincetown harbor minute walk low tide parking is limited coffee pot overlooking the water waterfront room off season commercial street private deck
Reviewed 1 October 2011

With family roots in Provincetown and having travelled together in33 countries, we have been coming to Cottage 33 in The Masthead for a week’s fall vacation for 15 years. Every year we find thoughtful changes in living room, kitchen area, bathroom, and bedroom to maintain it responsive to every basic need. With picture window on ever-changing harbor life, one is invited to step outside to the nearby deck on water’s edge to get close to nature, from spectacular sunrises to the experiences of the sights and sounds of the changing tides. In quiet West End, The Masthead is in walking distance to all that historic Provincetown offers from the Pilgrims’ First Landing to the center of its varied contemporary and artistic life.

Those who choose The Masthead will be beneficiaries of 42 years of dedicated inn-keeping by owners John and Valerie Ciluzzi and of the warm reception by manager Brennan Kavanaugh.

Glenn & Glenda
Honolulu

Room tip: Waterfront rooms and cottages are well worth the price
Date of stay: September 2011
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank GDPaige
Reviewed 9 September 2011

Wonderfully accommodated in a cosy cottage at the Masthead Beach-front Resort we enjoyed quiet and privacy in commercial Street of Provincetown, only a 15- minute stroll away from its most bustling part.
Other points in favour were the gorgeous view of the sea from the window of our quaint cottage , the terrace with deck chairs and a few steps the possibility of a swim in front of us at any time.
This endless ocean view changing with the tides and the gentle breezes made us feel like in heaven.
On top, the warm welcome by our entertaining host and family made his accommodation a unique place.
Details: The shower had a strong pressure water as well hot and cold.
The room was tastefully furnished.
The devices were very well organized with a practical sense.
The room was tided up well.

Date of stay: August 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 August 2011

This is a lovely family run operation with lots of old Cape Cod charm! You cannot beat the spectacular view and the quiet location of this resort at the end of town. I have stayed at The Masthead twice and have a reservation for later this summer, we wouldn't dream of staying anywhere else! In particular, the cottages that sit back on the manicured lawn overlooking the ocean are comfortable and full of character...

Date of stay: May 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 August 2011

I canceled my reservation the day I was told I could cancel and get a full refund. I called and left a message requesting my cancellation and I sent 2 e mails requesting my cancelation. The e mails were returned undeliverable. It concerned me that I could not send an e mail or get anyone to answer the phone. The next day I sent another e mail and left another phone message. Later in the day I called again and they told me my reservation had been canceled and they had credited my credit card account. 3 weeks later and several more phone calls later my account had still not been credited. Finally the credit came through and the Masthaed had KEPT 20%. They told my husband that I agreed to this 20% cancelation fee, an absolute LIE!! I do not recommend making reservations or staying at this location.

Date of stay: August 2011
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank ttiinnnnyy
Reviewed 15 July 2011

Very quintessantial Cape Cod style rooms and cottages. Very clean and meticulously kept grounds. Exceptionally friendly and helpful staff. Quiet and restful surroundings. Loved the grassy area and enormous deck leading to Bay views and private beach area. A MUST stay when in Provincetown

Room tip: Beautiful views from most rooms and cottages
Date of stay: July 2011