“This is Quaint Cape Cod”
Review of Masthead Resort

Masthead Resort
Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Provincetown
Reviewed 15 January 2012

We stayed at the Masthead over Labor Day week. The best part of this place is the deck overlooking Provincetown Harbor and Cap Cod Bay! Three lighthouses are visible at night and what a perfect place for our morning coffee and just relaxing on a quiet sunny afternoon. Our cottage was a two bedroom / one bath with the old Cape Cod wide pine paneling on the walls. The furniture was nice and a new flat screen tv on the wall. We didn't spend too much time inside as the weather was nice and we wanted to experience the attractions of Provincetown. We truly enjoyed the restaurants,art galleries, and a whale watching trip that were all within walking distance. This is not the St. Regis in New York but it is quintessential Cape Cod!

Room Tip: Book early
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank RPLee

Reviewed 1 October 2011

With family roots in Provincetown and having travelled together in33 countries, we have been coming to Cottage 33 in The Masthead for a week’s fall vacation for 15 years. Every year we find thoughtful changes in living room, kitchen area, bathroom, and bedroom to maintain it responsive to every basic need. With picture window on ever-changing harbor life, one is invited to step outside to the nearby deck on water’s edge to get close to nature, from spectacular sunrises to the experiences of the sights and sounds of the changing tides. In quiet West End, The Masthead is in walking distance to all that historic Provincetown offers from the Pilgrims’ First Landing to the center of its varied contemporary and artistic life.

Those who choose The Masthead will be beneficiaries of 42 years of dedicated inn-keeping by owners John and Valerie Ciluzzi and of the warm reception by manager Brennan Kavanaugh.

Glenn & Glenda
Honolulu

Room Tip: Waterfront rooms and cottages are well worth the price
Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GDPaige
Reviewed 9 September 2011

Wonderfully accommodated in a cosy cottage at the Masthead Beach-front Resort we enjoyed quiet and privacy in commercial Street of Provincetown, only a 15- minute stroll away from its most bustling part.
Other points in favour were the gorgeous view of the sea from the window of our quaint cottage , the terrace with deck chairs and a few steps the possibility of a swim in front of us at any time.
This endless ocean view changing with the tides and the gentle breezes made us feel like in heaven.
On top, the warm welcome by our entertaining host and family made his accommodation a unique place.
Details: The shower had a strong pressure water as well hot and cold.
The room was tastefully furnished.
The devices were very well organized with a practical sense.
The room was tided up well.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 August 2011

This is a lovely family run operation with lots of old Cape Cod charm! You cannot beat the spectacular view and the quiet location of this resort at the end of town. I have stayed at The Masthead twice and have a reservation for later this summer, we wouldn't dream of staying anywhere else! In particular, the cottages that sit back on the manicured lawn overlooking the ocean are comfortable and full of character...

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 August 2011

I canceled my reservation the day I was told I could cancel and get a full refund. I called and left a message requesting my cancellation and I sent 2 e mails requesting my cancelation. The e mails were returned undeliverable. It concerned me that I could not send an e mail or get anyone to answer the phone. The next day I sent another e mail and left another phone message. Later in the day I called again and they told me my reservation had been canceled and they had credited my credit card account. 3 weeks later and several more phone calls later my account had still not been credited. Finally the credit came through and the Masthaed had KEPT 20%. They told my husband that I agreed to this 20% cancelation fee, an absolute LIE!! I do not recommend making reservations or staying at this location.

Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family