“Now Serving Fish and Chips!”

UNCLE Ed's Front Porch
Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Rehoboth
Reviewed 6 August 2016

We've been coming here for the fish and chips, clam cakes and chowder and spicy fritters on Friday and Saturday's. The seafood is just as delicious as the ice cream. Uncle Ed is usually there and often comes out to say "hello" to customers. The fish and chips is crunchy on the outside, tender and flaky inside, homemade tartar sauce is creamy with just enough tartness to cut the rich seafood. Clamcakes, which I cannot get enough of, are stuffed with tender bits of chopped clam surrounded by dense, cakey dough-perfect. Of course I dip those in the tartar sauce too. I did not have the chowder, but my sister did and she loved it. She also had the Louisianna spicy fritters, which were sublime-just enough spice to tingle your tastebuds. Of course I have to have ice cream after eating dinner. For me, it's usually maple walnut or oreo. Both are jam-packed with chunks of cookie or rough chopped walnut halves in the creamiest, silkiest ice cream ever made. The space is small. If you have a big group go when there is good weather and you can sit at the picnic table outside, or bring a blanket and spread out on the lawn. You can also get your meal as take out. There are long lines-but that's to be expected from a small place with food this good.

Reviewed 4 June 2016

First time for fried food at Uncle Ed's. Why did we wait so long? Anyway, decided to have take out tonight early. Had fish & chips w/clam cakes and fish and chips w/fried clams. Also, had to try the "chowda". Everything was great and still hot by the time I got home (only 8 minutes).

As mentioned in the title, the ice cream is great and varied as well.

Would definitely do it again, but hope that a good review does NOT make the place so busy that I would have to put it off as it is small. :-)

Reviewed 25 April 2016

It is a cute place with the best ice cream EVER! There are now some fried seafood entrees and chicken wings. I haven't eaten the food, but have been going for the ice cream for years now.

Reviewed 19 April 2016 via mobile

Inadvertently stumbled upon this hidden gem. Uncle Ed's provided exceptional ice cream & seafood all under one roof. Not to mention the extraordinary customer service!

I highly recommend the Charlie Brown ice cream sundae with extra whipped cream. YUM!

Thank you, UNCLE Ed!

Reviewed 11 December 2015

Uncle Ed's has always had good ice cream, but driving by one day I saw they now have food also. I picked up 2 large orders of wings, BBQ and hot for a football game get together and everyone loved them. I will definetly go back!

Been to UNCLE Ed's Front Porch? Share your experiences!