“nice folks there....great location”
Review of Northshore Kayak

Northshore Kayak
Reviewed 13 September 2016

i lived right up the street from NSK....folks there are always friendly and ready to get you going. They prep you with a little schooling and the do's and dont's of being on the water in a small craft. Just watch the weather and be prepared to come ashore if it turns bad. you will surly have a grand time and come back for more. bring water and a snack, a hat and sunglasses. Enjoy....

All reviews
in 3 reviews
"coast"
"store"

Reviewed 13 September 2016

The guys who run this shop are friendly and helpful. We rented bikes in the morning to visit various nearby beaches, then rented a sea kayak in the late afternoon and paddled to Straitsmouth Island. A nice, short, relaxing paddle when the sea is calm. There are also guided kayak tours.

2  Thank Presentasagift
Reviewed 22 August 2016

I have been wanting to kayak to Thacher Island for over six years now and made it happen! My family was out of town so I decide to finally do it! It was a picture perfect Saturday in July. The sun was out, but not too hot, the seas refreshing but not too choppy. I was greeted by Sam at the shop and he pleasantly instructed me in all that would take place that day on the tour to Thacher Island. The staff are incredibly friendly, easy to talk with, brave, patient and humorous! I was then met by Jake, our leader. He lead the four of us to Thacher Island and explained each technique, warning and interesting facts along the way. Whether you want to just kayak for an hour or so, or head to Thacher Island for a 4-5 hour tour (your muscles will ache, but it will be worth it), then this is for you. Enjoy Rockport, by the sea!

Reviewed 23 July 2016 via mobile

We rented two kayaks for the tour to Thatcher Island. It was a beautiful day, and we had a great time. Really enjoyed the trip. The guides were good--though nothing really special, but we felt confident that we were in good hands should any problems arise. The owner was very friendly and helpful.

I would certainly recommend this business to anyone looking for an easy sort of ocean kayak adventure.

See more reviews
Reviewed 22 June 2016

We set off for the two hour kayak tour with two great guides. The sea was rough outside the harbor, but we paddled on and had a great morning. The guides were very accommodating and took half of the group back to the harbor when they said the waves were too much for them. My daughter and I went with one guide around the first island with the lighthouse, got a short break from the waves, then paddled back to the harbor. It was exhilarating!! I felt we were in good hands the whole time. The employees back at the wharf were very friendly.

Be sure to bring dry clothes for after your paddle!

1  Thank Mary E