“Great Kayaking Experience”
Review of Northshore Kayak

Northshore Kayak
Reviewed 31 July 2017

Highly recommend. It was the favorite thing of my husband and my sons to do. Paddled out to Thatcher's island. Beautiful day, great views, wonderful experience.

All reviews
in 10 reviews
"coast"
"store"

Reviewed 7 July 2017 via mobile

Went with another family that totaled 3 adults and three teenagers. We rented basic kayaks; two tandems and two singles. The staff were super friendly and helpful and provided us with the place to store our stuff and even offered to provide a waterproof bag if we needed one to take things on the kayak with us. Provided clear instructions and we paddled over to the island with the lighthouse and walked around. They also rent bicycles and paddle boards. Highly recommend this place. The teenagers had a great time.

Reviewed 13 September 2016

i lived right up the street from NSK....folks there are always friendly and ready to get you going. They prep you with a little schooling and the do's and dont's of being on the water in a small craft. Just watch the weather and be prepared to come ashore if it turns bad. you will surly have a grand time and come back for more. bring water and a snack, a hat and sunglasses. Enjoy....

Reviewed 13 September 2016

The guys who run this shop are friendly and helpful. We rented bikes in the morning to visit various nearby beaches, then rented a sea kayak in the late afternoon and paddled to Straitsmouth Island. A nice, short, relaxing paddle when the sea is calm. There are also guided kayak tours.

2  Thank Presentasagift
See more reviews
Reviewed 22 August 2016

I have been wanting to kayak to Thacher Island for over six years now and made it happen! My family was out of town so I decide to finally do it! It was a picture perfect Saturday in July. The sun was out, but not too hot, the seas refreshing but not too choppy. I was greeted by Sam at the shop and he pleasantly instructed me in all that would take place that day on the tour to Thacher Island. The staff are incredibly friendly, easy to talk with, brave, patient and humorous! I was then met by Jake, our leader. He lead the four of us to Thacher Island and explained each technique, warning and interesting facts along the way. Whether you want to just kayak for an hour or so, or head to Thacher Island for a 4-5 hour tour (your muscles will ache, but it will be worth it), then this is for you. Enjoy Rockport, by the sea!