All reviews corner cottage picnic tables bearskin neck ac ocean
Reviewed 25 September 2016 via mobile

My boyfriend and I just spent two nights here and it was such a great place to stay. We stayed in the Playhouse cottage. The cottage was so cute and cozy. When we arrived we were greeted with a bucket of goodies on the table, snacks, bottles of water, even a bottle of wine! That was a really nice surprise.

I really loved that the cottages were located in a really quiet neighborhood overlooking the ocean.

The best part about Lighthouse Lane Cottages is that we were able to bring our German Shepherd with us. It was nice talking him for walks through the neighborhood and along the footpath that went along the ocean. It's hard to find places to stay with a big German Shepherd so finding this place was a treasure.

It was nice that there were chairs outside the cottages to sit and enjoy the quiet peacefulness of being near the ocean.

This was our first visit to the Rockport/Gloucester area and I can't wait to come back! I will definitely stay at Lighthouse Lane Cottages again.

Stayed: September 2016
Reviewed 18 May 2016 via mobile

Stayed here recently and had a wonderful time. I think the location is wonderful (although they should look into why GPS locates them 1/2 mile away from their actual location. You need cottage's website to access actual location). There were beautiful views and the whole setup is great- the cottages are small but are actually quite sufficient on the inside. Nice Adirondack chairs and picnic tables and grill in courtyard. Kitchens are well equipped. Perfectly comfortable furnishings. My only gripe is that the whole place could use a good cleaning- the kitchen appliances, the floors, behind the beds. The kitchen items- tools, plates, pots and pans- while wonderful that they're equipped with them, really all need to be run through a dishwasher twice. I realize there is no dishwasher, and maybe each renter is responsible for it themselves, but even though I expected something a little more rustic than a hotel, I still didn't want to say "ew" every time I grabbed something out of a drawer or cabinet. I definitely wasn't using anything until I washed it. Spider webs (and spiders!) behind two beds. If the places were cleaner, I'd probably even be ok spending more money on them- location and set up are really great and the cottages are super cute otherwise. Overall, I'd still recommend this place for a little romantic getaway or a friend's weekend. Just be prepared to do a little scrubbing before using anything in kitchen. It won't kill anyone to do and overall it's still worth doing to be there.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank TobesOnABoat
Reviewed 6 October 2015

We book a cottage for a girls weekend and were pleasantly surprised with how cute it was. Cottage came with a beach pass to local beaches and was within walking distance of downtown. The only comment I had, would have been to have some updated, more comfy seating for the living room.

Room Tip: Grapevine cottage was a good location
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 September 2015 via mobile

We have stayed here twice with our two teenagers. It's perfect for location. It's got everything you need and on a quiet strreet which is a 2 minute drive or 15 min walk on a footpath along the ocean into the Village of Rockport. Great beaches nearby. 10 minute drive to Gloucester. Great getaway!

Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 August 2015 via mobile

Absolutely perfect, we stayed at the Corner Cottage with our 5 kids and, had a wonderful time. Great location and plenty to do, just a short walk away from the water. We will definitely stay again, very nice to have access to the shared yard with the grills and Hammock. Loved every minute of it here,

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family