“Great first time visit”

Next Door Burger BAr
Ranked #21 of 66 Restaurants in Sandwich
Reviewed 26 February 2018

Not only was the burger the best that I had in quite a while, perfectly cooked, fresh brioche roll, hot crispy fries, the staff was knowledgeable and very friendly. When I asked a question about the burger I received a well educated culinary description. I highly recommend this restaurant

Reviewed 20 December 2017

My husband and I ate dinner here on a date night, and we loved it! There are several different seating areas, but we chose to sit in the parlor room adjacent to the bar. Our waitress was very pleasant and attentive without being too nosy. The ambiance is that of a burger bar...we sat on outdoor furniture that was brought in for the colder months.

We each ordered a burger - I had The Butcher's Burger, and my husband enjoyed the Banh Mi Burger (made with ground pork). The restaurant cooks all burgers at medium temperature (pink in the middle), unless otherwise specified. We both ordered the cross-cut fries with our meal, with added parmesan and truffle oil on top! In addition, we each ordered a milkshake that was so thick, we were provided fat straws to drink from!

The menu is fairly pricey, but once you taste how delicious the food is (and realize too that it's all made-to-order), the value and quality are well-worth the price. A $3 mark-up for truffle oil on fries? Of course, because it's real truffle oil, not some lame imitation! There are also vegetarian options here, which is always a plus, since we have some vegetarian friends who'd love to eat here.

This was easily the best burger I've eaten on Cape Cod...and I love burgers!

Reviewed 3 November 2017

Maybe if you are on vacation and not really caring about the budget this week, but for those of us that live in Sandwich it's a little pricey. My husband and I went there on a Friday night to check it out. We had been there when it was the Painted Lady and I loved it. My husband thought it was too girly. So, not much has changed as far as the set up, the back rooms are still a little sterile, not warm and cozy. Cold steel chairs and bright lighting, so we opted for the bar which is dark, warm and cozy. Except when there is a family sitting at the bar that only has 6 seats and all six are taken up with 4 children ages 6-12 and their parents. Now I am not sure but I thing this might be illegal or at least frowned on. The children were well behaved but come on, really. I have 3 children and 4 grandchildren and love them to pieces but they are not going to be sitting at the bar with me. My husband and I each ordered a drink and a burger, that is it. The bill was $80 with tip. Yes, for a burger. It was a good burger but not that good, we could have gone next door to the Belfry and spent $20 more for a nice dinner. This is Sandwich not Osterville or Chatham.

Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

The menu really is limited to burgers and shakes... stay away if one of your crowd wants a salad for their meal.... but the burgers were well made and pretty tasty. They rely on a variety of highly flavored additions that tend to make the meat not the highlight of the bite, so a burger purist might not be thrilled, but all in all it was a pretty good burger. The waffle fries were excellent but our veggie fries tasted reheated.
The place is loud, voices really carry from table to table, but the service was good and the beer was excellent (local brews among them) and served really, really cold.

Reviewed 25 September 2017

Enjoyed a delicious burger here after visiting the glass museum. Located in a traditional house - we sat on the porch. Tasty unfussy food. What's not to like?