“Untapped potential”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 14 August 2013

My wife and I were looking for a place to kill an hour or two on a sunny late July weekday. We decided to give Hemisphere a try, we live one town away but had never been there. The Hostess greeted us with a smile and sat us outside on the deck. The view is one of the best in the area,however unless you are 7 feet tall you won't be able to enjoy it. The seats are too low or the railing too high, not sure. I am 6'2" and could barely see the ocean, my wife is 5'7" and could only see a wood beam. Our server was friendly and prompt. My wife ordered a mixed drink from the menu suggested by our server,I ordered a draft beer. The beer was cold and fresh,the mixed drink however can only be described as tasting like "gasoline". The server apologized and my wife ordered a beer. We did not eat, but the couple across from us were enjoying some Cape Cod Rubens,which looked and smelled great. This place could be great with a few small changes, such potential.

Reviewed 6 August 2013

As locals we like to avoid the more tourist attractive areas in the summer, but decided to give Hemisphere's a shot last night since it was beautiful out. We were sat immediately on the deck and were very content with the view. It then took 15 minutes for a manager to finally come by and ask if we had been greeted we politely said no so she took our drink and app order. At that point it took about 10 more minutes for the drinks to come out which is when we finally met our server to order dinner. The nachos were average and the menu did not have a good selection of entrees at all so I went with their cape cod salad and my boyfriend got the Mediterranean pasta which was delicious. We typically would have liked to get baked fish of sorts but only saw 2 options for something like that. We ordered drinks before the meals came out and did not get them until we had finished eating. It then took another 20 minutes to get the check. To say the least we probably won't be going back for a nice dinner, maybe lunch.

Reviewed 6 August 2013

The view is great. The restaurant sits on the ocean side of the cape, and the entrance to the Cape Cod Canal is right there. Service can be a bit slow but why be in a hurry, especially with views like this ? The food is good, not great but better than most other places. I really like the Cape Cod Ruben,
Servers are very friendly and efficient. Again service can be slow, but if your in a hurry go to a Wendy's.
Prices are reasonable, considering the view and quality of food.
Well worth going to.

Reviewed 2 August 2013

As noted elsewhere, the view is great. We sat outside on the deck overlooking the small beach, the Cape Cod Canal and Cape Cod Bay on a spectacularly beautiful day.

Service was friendly, and attentive. But we had arrived early and there were only a few parties on the deck. But there were three waitresses working the 15 or so tables. All were filled before we left.

We all ate light. I had a generous bowl of the clam chowder. New England style, of course. It was good, and had lots of clams. One of my colleagues, a Cape resident, had the coconut shrimp. She'd enjoyed the same dish two weeks earlier, and again on her return. Our other friend, also a "local", ordered a Cape Cod Reuben and deemed it tasty.

One note, the waitress did not mention the up-charge for the sweet potato fries offered in lieu of the standard fries. But she did not blink an eye at the request for separate checks.

I would return.

Reviewed 31 July 2013

Four of us stopped there on a Monday night around 7 PM. We were going to have appetizers and drinks on the deck and watch the sunset. The deck was full, so we waited in the bar for a table to open up, took about 30 minutes.
We were seated on the deck with two of us facing the windows of the bar, not the best view for those seats. The place was not that busy, but it took forever for service.
I had the mussels, the others had shrimp cocktail, scallop roll and chowder. None of it was anything very special.
The mussels I had were not bad, but not nearly as good as other places I have been. My main problem was ten of them did not open. I showed this to the waitress, and she took them back to the kitchen. A few minutes later, she brought them back. They had all been opened and the top shell removed! They were not re cooked, just opened and given back to me. Three of them looked rotten, like they had been dead for a while. I flagged the waiters down again and asked for them to be taken off the check. To me this was inexcusable, and I will not be going there for food again.
If you want a bar with a great view, this place is nice. Just don't eat there!