“Perfect Restaurant... For TV show Restaurant Impossible!”
Review of Hemisphere - CLOSED

Hemisphere
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 3 September 2013

The food is lousy, the staff inept and the premises could be greatly improved! Sat at the bar today and waited 15 minutes to get a beer. Watched as the people across from us ordered a
Pizza and returned it because the kitchen hadn't even cooked the dough. When my husband got his beer it arrived in a dirty glass which they quickly whisked away because they were pulling
Glasses out of the dirty dishwasher.
I would love someone to come in and totally redo everything! New kitchen staff, new bartenders, and new waiter and bar tending shirts.
They would do fantastic with a downstairs tiki bar and covered patio to soak in the view. So much potential - it's such a shame!!! Go to the restaurant around the corner. New owners and everything is done right!

1  Thank LindaW

Reviewed 19 August 2013

My husband and I just left this restaurant wishing we had gone back to The Aqua Grill again instead which is just steps away. The service was lackluster and impersonal, the food was so-so, the prices were way too high for the level of quality, and the atmosphere was bad. My husbands meal was way overcooked and dried out, my meal was tasty but expensive, not a huge portion, neither meal came with a salad, no bread came with our meal, and we were not asked how the meal was at any point by our server. We also were not offered coffee or dessert after dinner, but handed our bill as if we were an intrusion despite the restaurant being half empty. The Aqua Grill was a hundred times better in every way. Don't waste your money; go next door.

Reviewed 18 August 2013

My boyfriend and I sat at the bar. The bartender never acknowledged our presence even though he was standing right in front of us. He was called over by another couple who had requested another martini glass being that the one given to her was dirty. The bartender took the glass and walked over back to get her another glass which were kept directly above where my boyfriend and I were seated. Still not even looking at us or acknowledging us, he reach up and retrieved another glass using profanity to describe the customer. We left after 10 minutes never receiving any service.

1  Thank simoenjaclyn93
Reviewed 15 August 2013

A few girlfriends and I had dinner here last week. The food was really good- one of the best lobster rolls I've ever had! Nice view, although I would recommend sitting inside around dusk. The bugs on the deck were so bad we had to move inside. Our waitress was very helpful in moving us inside to a table with a view. It was overall a great experience and would return.

Reviewed 14 August 2013

My wife and I were looking for a place to kill an hour or two on a sunny late July weekday. We decided to give Hemisphere a try, we live one town away but had never been there. The Hostess greeted us with a smile and sat us outside on the deck. The view is one of the best in the area,however unless you are 7 feet tall you won't be able to enjoy it. The seats are too low or the railing too high, not sure. I am 6'2" and could barely see the ocean, my wife is 5'7" and could only see a wood beam. Our server was friendly and prompt. My wife ordered a mixed drink from the menu suggested by our server,I ordered a draft beer. The beer was cold and fresh,the mixed drink however can only be described as tasting like "gasoline". The server apologized and my wife ordered a beer. We did not eat, but the couple across from us were enjoying some Cape Cod Rubens,which looked and smelled great. This place could be great with a few small changes, such potential.