“DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THE HEMISPHERE”
Review of Hemisphere - CLOSED

Hemisphere
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 16 September 2013

To say I will make it my mission to ensure no one I care about or anyone else for that matter ever does business with this joke of a restaurant is an understatement! I had been speaking to the owner for over 15 months in regards to having my wedding at The Hemisphere. She kept pushing me back further and further to meet and put a deposit down while assuring me that our wedding date was penciled in on her calendar and that we wouldn’t have any issues. Continually stating that because weddings are not their main business that they wait a lot longer than other establishments to take deposits but again that it was ALL SET since my date was penciled in on her calendar. I guess I was just naive enough given that I have never planned a wedding before and thought this was okay after her many reassurances. Over the past 15 months this woman, the owner/manager, was continually unsupportive and at times downright rude in my planning process. I admit this should have been my first clue not to do business with The Hemisphere however since we are on a very strict budget and dreamed of getting married in Cape Cod we felt that they were are only option. About a month ago I took a chance and emailed this woman again to set a meeting as she had finally said she would meet after the 2013 summer season needed. I never even received a response from her but instead get an email from the “new” events coordinator they hired. I was renewed with hope that someone other than the owner/manager would be helping me which would hopefully end the nasty “you’re bothering me” attitude that I was receiving. The events coordinator set up a meeting with me for 9/15/13 to put my deposit down. Finally! We could finally secure our venue and start planning our wedding! Well that was until I received an email on 9/13/13 stating that they will not be taking any deposits for 2014 functions and will know more by 11/1/13 but that they hope I can find a “perfect” place for my wedding. Yes that’s right, two days before my SET meeting, that I already booked a hotel room for and took time from work I get this ridiculous generic email that started out by addressing me as “All”. So I obviously email both the events coordinator and owner/manager immediately asking for a call to discuss what just happened. No reply email, no calls. This place is a joke! It is TRULY my hopes that they aren’t taking deposits because they are going out of business and hopefully someone who knows how to run a business will purchase it. Long story short don’t waste your time here! Yes the view is amazing but the people are nasty and the food is subpar. You would be better off packing a peanut butter and jelly and just sitting on the beach!

2  Thank hsarnataro

Reviewed 9 September 2013 via mobile

Noisy crowded waited 48 minutes for fish sandwich and salad. The pears in my salad werw brown and hard. Service was hard to get and our wait person frantic yet noted to chit-chat and linger at one other table. Disappointing.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

The food is lousy, the staff inept and the premises could be greatly improved! Sat at the bar today and waited 15 minutes to get a beer. Watched as the people across from us ordered a
Pizza and returned it because the kitchen hadn't even cooked the dough. When my husband got his beer it arrived in a dirty glass which they quickly whisked away because they were pulling
Glasses out of the dirty dishwasher.
I would love someone to come in and totally redo everything! New kitchen staff, new bartenders, and new waiter and bar tending shirts.
They would do fantastic with a downstairs tiki bar and covered patio to soak in the view. So much potential - it's such a shame!!! Go to the restaurant around the corner. New owners and everything is done right!

1  Thank LindaW
Reviewed 19 August 2013

My husband and I just left this restaurant wishing we had gone back to The Aqua Grill again instead which is just steps away. The service was lackluster and impersonal, the food was so-so, the prices were way too high for the level of quality, and the atmosphere was bad. My husbands meal was way overcooked and dried out, my meal was tasty but expensive, not a huge portion, neither meal came with a salad, no bread came with our meal, and we were not asked how the meal was at any point by our server. We also were not offered coffee or dessert after dinner, but handed our bill as if we were an intrusion despite the restaurant being half empty. The Aqua Grill was a hundred times better in every way. Don't waste your money; go next door.

Reviewed 18 August 2013

My boyfriend and I sat at the bar. The bartender never acknowledged our presence even though he was standing right in front of us. He was called over by another couple who had requested another martini glass being that the one given to her was dirty. The bartender took the glass and walked over back to get her another glass which were kept directly above where my boyfriend and I were seated. Still not even looking at us or acknowledging us, he reach up and retrieved another glass using profanity to describe the customer. We left after 10 minutes never receiving any service.

1  Thank simoenjaclyn93