“Great Vibe”

Father's Kitchen & Taphouse
Ranked #15 of 66 Restaurants in Sandwich
Price range: US$7 - US$20
Reviewed 11 March 2018

Found this gem as we were looking for a place to celebrate my cousin’s birthday on the cape. It is the old beehive remodeled and rustic. Nice fireplace roaring on a cold night; staff very attentive and helpful. Although it isn’t on the menu, they have American beers as well. Also a limited wine menu. We had burgers, which were ok. The fish tacos were nicely presented with an option of 2 or 3, and tasted excellent. Chopped salad with steak tips, very good, and I might note, it was well presented; not a big mess. It is a very busy spot so plan accordingly. Also a nice dessert menu; we asked for the brownie sundae as a surprise for my cuz, and they somehow came up with a birthday candle! I would return when on the cape.

Reviewed 21 December 2017

I had been to Father's when it opened and wasn't impressed, but gave it another shot when I heard that their Taco Tuesday was super. It's $3.00 a taco, either fish, chicken or beef. Having a long time affection towards fish tacos, I ordered two-where else can you get 2 fish tacos for $6.00 and taste really good? Father's.

They arrived and I was pleasantly surprised-two decent sized crispy tortillas with a generous size of fried cod, cabbage slaw, a sour cream/salsa type sauce and a lime. They were very good. In fact, I wish I had ordered 3.

The server was very nice, and it's a laid back place. Next time I'll sit at the bar because I am not too fond of the back room-I prefer I livelier atmosphere. They do have some craft beers brewed by my nephew, but since I don't like beer that much, I can't review them. Though I will say he is known for his creativity and passion, so if you go on Taco Tuesday, make sure to order on of their brews.

Reviewed 13 December 2017

Stopped by for lunch and to check out the 41 craft beers on tap! They have their own brewery on site, 6ABrewery, with some nice beers to try! The bartender was great, the beers were good, and the sliders were amazing! A fun stop on Route 6A!

Reviewed 4 December 2017 via mobile

We had our first real meal here finally! We all tried the burgers and the “fathers “ burger was a great hit! The wines are tasty and reasonable! The beer on tap is fantastic and they provide a great array! Atmosphere is nice.. taverny.. service is quick and friendly! We will be back!

1  Thank Lydia A
Reviewed 8 November 2017

I was greeted and seated .. it was very pleasant and clean ..the menu was extensive but even more extensive was the beer menu omg it was great had to have a flight of beer

I had the shepards pie but was having such trouble making up my mind

it was great the beer was cold and tasty .. the food excellent my only complaint was it was so good I wanted MORE .. and the portion was large as it was .. the food was so good the table next to me were talking and saying how great there meals were also .. I completely suggest going here on a date its better for two as thats how they serve there desserts there wasnt a dessert for a solo diner as myself .. the only thing I sent back was a plate wiped clean and empty glasses from the beer that was also great