“NOT allergen friendly...”

Monarchs Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Description: Weddings, buffets, full lunch and dinner menu. Private parties. Lunch offers: Quesadillas, Reubens, Pub-style burgers, gourmet wraps. Dinner has Maple Roasted Pork, Prime Rib, Haddock, Homemade New England Clam Chowder, Seafood Newburg, Chicken Cordon Bleu, Baked Stuffed Chicken, New York Strip, Sirloin, etc. Good prices. Restaurant is on the premises of Magic wings Butterfly Conservatory and Museum
Reviewed 23 April 2017 via mobile

Attended a buffet style birthday party at Monarch's. I informed the manager that my children (7 and 2) had allergies, and asked if there were any items that they should avoid. He said he would check the menu. Fine. Over the next 10 minutes, he popped in and out of the room, delivering coffee, beverages, etc, but made a concerted effort to avoid me. After not seeing him for a few more minutes, I went on their website and found, in nice bold words, the allergen information and confirmed that, essentially, my kids would not be able to eat there. So, rather than having 2 starving children, I left the party, missed the surprise entrance, and picked up some food at SubWay. I don't mind restaurants that have items that my kids are allergic to, and we typically do the research ahead of time. But I expect the management of an establishment to be more knowledgeable and up front. If I say, "my kids are allergic to nuts," he should know, right away, that their website has a warning, and that my kids would need to eat food from elsewhere. Very disappointed.

Reviewed 2 March 2017

We ate at the restaurant before going to see the butterflies. They served breakfast, lunch and dinner on weekends. The roast beef club sandwich was fantastic My husband had the cheeseburger and see said it was the best burger he had in a very long time.

Reviewed 21 November 2016

We ate here after a visit to the butterfly room.

I personally was disappointed with my meal (a veggie wrap that seemed to be 99% wrap and 1% vegetables) but the other people I was with seemed to find their meals sufficient.

I would compare this to school cafeteria food - reasonably priced (I found it a bit overpriced for what it was, although I find most food overpriced when I dine out) but nothing outstanding.

3  Thank borderrat0906
Reviewed 25 October 2016

After going through the butterfly sanctuary, we observed that they had a sit down restaurant. So in we walked, got a nice table and they had an extensive menu. Not too pricey but good for families with some kids fare on the menu too. I have to have a gluten free diet and was able to eat there quite nicely and enjoyed my meal. We liked it there enough to return a second day just for lunch as we had been traveling around different antique places. I recommend this for the whole family as it was quiet and pleasant. Decor was country like and the service was very good indeed.

Reviewed 13 October 2016

We have dined a t Monarchs many times over a number of years, having tasted Breakfasts, Lunches and Dinners and are never disappointed in this cozy little restauarant. The food is always good and fresh, and the portions ample. The menu is varied, with new additions. This year we were surprised to find an excellent quesadilla plate added. The service is gracious, and we Have enjoyed chatting with the manager when we visit.