See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 16 September 2013 via mobile

Lovely bed and breakfast with great innkeepers. Very relaxing and great food. Innkeepers Beth and Gary are very helpful regarding things to do and places to eat. This was our second visit and we will go again

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Brenda L
Reviewed 16 July 2013

I've been to several BnBs but this one was the best. I was blown away by the service and the rooms. The Inn itself is a gorgeously renovated pre-victorian farm house. I loved all the historical details. Also, the place was so clean it made me question if one of the owners has a cleaning obsession. The vegan breakfast was opulent and kept me full until dinner time. The owners were so gracious, they are just genuinely good people. That's the only way I can think to describe them. We plan on coming back next summer and spending a whole week. Two days was not enough!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank marina_mermaid
Reviewed 20 May 2013

Shady Hollow Inn is a very cozy place. The inn keepers are very friendly. They have good tips for restaurants and places to visit. The breakfast is delicious. The grounds are very beautiful and quiet. Definitely recommended.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 September 2012

My husband and I stayed for four nights during September, 2012 while attending a family wedding. I highly recommend this inn. If you're looking for a clean, quaint, quiet place, the Shady Hollow Inn is the place to stay! Also, the food is superb! Beth and Gary served in "courses", and all of the little added touches made us feel special. We loved the fact that Beth and Gary are "environmentally friendly" too. Beth gave us great recommendations for hiking nearby along the Bass River as well as directions to a hiking trail over the dunes to the ocean near Truro. Our room (The Seabreeze) was lovely, with a large bathroom. The flower and vegetable gardens are attractive as well. If we ever get the opportunity to visit the cape again, we will definitely be staying here again! Thank you Beth and Gary.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 August 2012

We booked last minute for 1 night only and this was a very nice B&B. Unfortunately for us, we had not paid attention to the "vegetarian/vegan-friendly" notice on the web site and were disappointed not to have a full breakfast (sorry but we're meat lovers). Regardless, the breakfast was delicious and Beth and Gary very accomodating (as they made eggs for us). We had a room on the main floor towards the front of the house. Very clean, comfortable bed. Beth gave us some good recommendations for eating out. Would definitely recommend if you are vegetarian/vegan or if a no-meat breakfast is OK with you. A tad expensive at $180/night but this is the Cape in July so....

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple