“10! 10! 10! 10!”

Skipper Chowder House
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Skipper Restaurant & Chowder House is a seasonal restaurant open from mid April to mid October. We serve the finest seafood with the best view since 1936. Winner of the Newport, Boston and Cape Cod chowder festivals.
Reviewed 12 October 2021

Great dining experience. The meals were well prepared. Good selection of appetizers. Friendly service. All 10's!

Date of visit: October 2021
Write a reviewReviews (1,667)

Reviewed 9 October 2021

I have going to the cape for 50 years. I enjoyed this dinner very much. I would go back again. If you want to avoid the crowds and long waits this place must have in the summer, go in September. We arrived around 5pm and there was no wait. Immediately seated was a very relaxing sit down dinner. Each entree was good that everyone ordered. I chose indoor first floor dining table, there was a wait to sit outside on the deck as this was a gorgeous sunny low 70's day, perfect cape weather. I do have my favorites at the Cape, but this would be a solid choice for anyone to eat at.

Date of visit: September 2021
Review collected in partnership with RCI
Reviewed 9 October 2021

We had dinner here recently and were very pleased with our dinner.
We started with caesar salads, which were cold and very good. Hubby had a fried fish sandwich and fries, which he said was good. I had the lobster steam pot. It was amazing! It had a 1 1/2 lb whole lobster, about 20 mussels, about 10 steamers, an ear of corn, 3 red potatoes and a nice size piece of sausage. For $37 it was well worth the price.
The service was also very good. Our server was very solicitous but not overbearing.

1  Thank luvtravel88
Reviewed 8 October 2021

Dinner for the two of us on a cool evening. Interesting place, as the restaurant adjoins an ice cream shop! We sat "outside" on their upper deck, which had the heavy plastic sidings down so we didn't freeze. It impacted the view, but no choice this night.
Our server was friendly and very attentive. We both ordered lobster rolls; my wife th3 4 oz. one, and me the 8 oz. one. The lobster salad had very little mayo in it; just enough to hold it together, just the way we like it. The large roll that mine was in was full of huge tail and claw pieces, not chopped up. Perfect! I had to eat some of the large pieces off of the top first before I could pick up the sandwich and eat it that way. What a great problem! Unfortunately, we had no stomach room left for ice cream, which the menu has from the shop next door; many yummy looking choices.

Reviewed 27 September 2021

Stopped here for lunch 3 ladies and weren't disappointed. I had steamers and they were excellent and a bloody mary which you pick how you want it, which was fun to do, like making a pizza almost.. Another lady had a bowl of clam chowder which she said was good with a margarita which she did not like. The third lady had salad and water, which was fine. good food, priced right and great service.

Date of visit: September 2021