This was our first B&B on Cape Cod. Our decision was based on recommendations and reviews. The reviews,since owners/innkeepers Carol & Jeff Watson took ownership, were glowing. The reviews were not wrong. Our experience was exceptional. I made our reservations directly with Carol. She took the time to answer all questions. We choose the "Russell's Hideaway" room based on their website photos. We were not disappointed. Our room was spotless, featuring king bed, gas fireplace, sofa & chair, cable TV, DVD player (including a selection of DVDs), telephone, and radio alarm clock. Bathroom was very spacious and clean. We shared a semi-private balcony with our own set of table and chairs to watch the sunset. Although our room was located above the kitchen, we never heard a sound. Once we settled in, Carol and Jeff gave us a tour of the B&B. All areas were tidy, clean, and inviting. A selection of hot beverages and soft drinks were available 24 hours. Sherry/Port wine was very tasty. Breakfast was filling and pleasant to the eyes and palate. Fresh baked cookies filled the air in the afternoon. local area restaurant menus were available along with Carol & Jeff's own recommendations. They always offered to make dinner reservations. An extensive selection of area attractions and maps were displayed. Location was one block from scenic Route 28 connecting upper and lower Cape Cod. A couple of miles from Route 6. Overall, we could have not have been more satisfied. Carol and Jeff are most gracious hosts and truly take a genuine interest in their guests. We shall return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This beautifully restored bed and breakfast is ideally located on mid Cape Cod in the historic Bass River Village of South Yarmouth. Each room/suite is individually decorated and comfortable, all with private baths. Most of our rooms have double Jacuzzis,fireplaces and walk out decks. Each morning enjoy our seasonal full breakfast served at your own table for two. Afternoon teas and cookies and evening cordials also included. We are located close to beaches, Nantucket and Martha's Vineyard ferry, fine and casual dining, shopping and all that Cape Cod has to offer. Open year round. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com so you can book your Captain Farris House Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Captain Farris House Cape Cod Hotel South Yarmouth
- The Captain Farris House
- Captain Farris House Bed & Breakfast South Yarmouth, MA - Cape Cod