Seaside Cottages
Ocean Mist Beach Hotel & Suites(South Yarmouth)(Great Value!)
US$266
Blue Rock Resort(South Yarmouth)(Great Value!)
US$149
Red Jacket Beach Resort & Spa(South Yarmouth)(Great Value!)
US$239
  • Pool
Riviera Beach Resort(South Yarmouth)
US$159
  • Pool
All Seasons Resort(South Yarmouth)(Great Value!)
US$137
US$115
Blue Water on the Ocean(South Yarmouth)(Great Value!)
US$159
Ocean Club On Smugglers' Beach(South Yarmouth)(Great Value!)
US$155
The Escape Inn(South Yarmouth)(Great Value!)
US$99
Surfcomber on the Ocean(South Yarmouth)(Great Value!)
US$119
Windjammer(South Yarmouth)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewseach cottageprivate beachair conditioners arethe grounds are beautifully maintaineda stones throwcape coddaily housekeepingskipper restaurantnantucket soundfireplaceunitprivacyhousekeeperstovemattressseasonloungers
Reviewed 17 June 2017

You take the good, you take the bad, you take the place you are stuck at, the facts of vacation... the facts of vacation!

The good:
The price. The location. The ease of a family to stay there. The private beach. the Skipper restaurant across the street (FANTASTIC!). The staff are all nice.

The bad:
The smokers (no smoking in the cottages but you can smoke outside and since there is no AC you end up breathing in your neighbors cigarette smoke all day/night). The "Children of the Corn" weird neighbors (see low price. With affordability comes weirdos). The ants (cottage 3 was filled with ants. They did have traps out but those SOBs are hard to get rid of). The smells (The bedroom with the two twin beds in it in cottage 3 smells AWFUL. It smells like someone with the world's worst BO died in there. Combo of death and BO. Could not make my child sleep in that stinky, stinky room). The lack of cleanliness (last people before us left food under the beds. We found it and threw it away and cleaned the dishes. This did not help with ant problem and terrible smell problem. How did housekeepers miss that?!?).

Tips: Cottage 3 is nice for families since it has 2 bedrooms but one of the bedrooms stinks too foul for anyone to sleep in there. Ants are issue so have a dry cooler to keep any food in that can't go in fridge. It is HOT. There is no AC. Prepare to sweat a lot.

I would come here again but I would stay in a different cottage. I hope they change the policy so smokers can't smoke right outside of the cottages and stink up the air for everyone since there is no AC and you have to have windows open to get any breeze.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
SeasideCottages135, Manager at Seaside Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2017

Thank you for your visit and your time in posting a review. We apologize for any inconveniences you encountered during your stay, but wish you would have informed us of these issues while you were here, and provided us the opportunity to address your concerns.

We do hope you will allow us to show you best of Seaside upon your return to Cape Cod. Please keep in touch!

Reviewed 25 May 2017

My family was the first ones to stay in these newly remodeled units 1 and 1A. It was perfectly what we were looking for. Every complaint I've seen of the other units didn't exist here!

From speaking with the other seaside cottage'ers, unit 1 and 1A are superior in a few different ways. The only units that are have conjoining double doorways inside that lock on both sides so they can be completely separate units orrr one large unit for a family to share (two sets of queen beds in each unit). These are the ONLY units to have AIR CONDITIONING in each unit. The air conditioners are these fancy ...things..that look like a painting on the wall, but you press a button and they come out of the wall as an AC. Hard to explain, but pretty awesome for a cottage. Only unit with its own WIFI router which was great, smart tv's in each unit that run off it with Netflix/Hulu and such, or just regular cable!. Full bar strength for WIFI. And last but not least a FULL bathtub. These units are across the street from the other cottages, which means more privacy and your car is close. No rolling luggage across the street.

Anyway, I highly recommend. Comfy beds, clean, and quiet, and a stones throw from the beach. Brand new renovation. Loved it!

Room Tip: Only Units with A/C, Full Tub, Adjoining Rooms, Strong WIFI
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank labyrinthteacher
Reviewed 28 April 2017

Loved it here! Typical New England style cottages right on Nantucket sound. The one we rented was from a private owner but all the others are rented motel style and furnished in beachy style and some with fireplaces. Lots of nearby places to eat or shop for food for your kitchen. Hope to return again soon.

Stayed: May 2016
Reviewed 17 April 2017

This is truly a serene and tranquil compound. Kids can play all day at the beach and parents can lounge in the chairs. Don't need more than a swimsuit, tee shirts and shorts.

Keep the car parked all week. Bring your favorite beach food and avoid the traffic. That's one thing even Cape Cod has during the season.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 October 2016

....about this place. I don't want to tell anyone about this place. I want it kept a secret forever, so I can always have Cottage 10A available for myself.

This place is so cute. I cannot speak for any other cottages except 10A, which directly faces the beach (14 steps from my door to the beach... Fourteen steps!!!). It is precious and comfy. It does need a little improvement, but tis a beach cottage after all.

The bathroom is *very* small, with odd angles. This is not a complaint, but a warning if you have small kids who need help in there.

It felt like home, literally. The beach is private and clean. It felt so safe that I went out by myself at night and lay on my back in the sand watching the stars.

The cottage has no a/c, but I went in October, so didn't need it. When I first arrived and checked in, I was surprised to realize there are no roads near the cottages. You check in at the office, cross the street, then hoof it (not too far) to your cottage. This means you need luggage on wheels or one of the carts they give you. Far from being annoying, this is absolutely wonderful as no cars are on the property.

I was angry about one thing: They say there is wi-fi in the cottages. When I found out there wasn't, they told me that it was out temporarily. After reading some past reviews/issues about them, it seems it has been "out temporarily" for some time. It was misleading and I was ticked off. There is free wi-fi by their office across the property and across the street, but who wants to sit there in the dark to check their Facebook or do work? I had work to do at night and sat there in my vehicle doing it, freezing and setting off their motion detector light and was really, really ticked off about that.

10A's decor is exactly as pictured (soooo cute). The cover is a little musty, so get a blanket from the closet and use that for snuggling up by your face. It could be cleaner. Just saying. It's not bad, just could be cleaner a bit.

But overall, I'm telling you to keep it a secret so that I can return and always get 10A. That is a way of letting you know that it's a great place. It's in a residential neighborhood, so it is very quiet, very peaceful, little traffic, and very dark at night. It's this that makes it feel like a home. I could see the beacons across the sound and the lights of the town way down the shore. Otherwise, just little light at all, which made it feel almost like it was the 1900's and I was in my personal cottage waiting for my whaler to come back. Ok that last part was goofy, but it's how it felt.

The windows all open for a great cross-breeze. The heater controls are inside the vent. It took me some help to find it. The heater is super loud, so if that bothers you, be aware.

I love the bunnies on the property. They have chairs by each cottage (private use) and then public lounges right on the water. All are fantastic. Sitting on the dunes is even better.

Shhhh. Don't tell anyone about this place, especially 10A.

Room Tip: Get the ones facing straight on, not along the sides or in the back.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo