“Best Resaurant In Town”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We celebrated our 58th anniversary there. My husband had butternut squash soup and a pasta special with meat sauce, I had a gnocchi special for an appetizer and a special salad with salmon for the main dish. Everything was delicious. Service was friendly. Make reservations as the restaurant is small.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We visit Stockbridge about five times a year and enjoy eating at this restaurant. They have a very diverse menu and the food is delicious. Today we had a salad with salmon and potatoes and it was excellent. I also had the butternut squash soup which was very good. I must say when visiting here for lunch I order their soup. They make great soups. The service is always great both friendly and professional. It is a go to place for us when in Stockbridge.

Alan O, Owner at Once Upon a Table, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you so much. We really appreciate the support!

Warm regards,
Alan and Teresa O'Brient

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Enjoyed quiche and my friend enjoyed the portobello on sour dough bread. The food was very good. The service friendly, efficient and attentive. This is a quaint place and it was nice to enjoy a sunny September afternoon outside. Prices are reasonable.

Reviewed 15 September 2017

Based on trip advisor reviews, we had dinner (it opens at 5 PM) at Once Upon a Table.
It is located in an alleyway a couple doors down from the Red Lion Inn. We were among the first patrons of the evening, and were admitted (without reservations) because we were so early. Other people an hour later than we were turned away as the restaurant was fully booked for the rest of the evening. There is a standard menu and daily specials. The restaurant is small....I think I counted 24 or 26 chairs, and is probably a converted and enclosed porch. We tried the specials: My husband started with the Portobello stack, which were 4 small portobello mushrooms topped with spinach, roasted peppers, carmelized onions and pesto. Fabulous. I had the butternut squash soup (one of my favorites) which was possibly the best butternut squash soup I have ever had. He had the Shrimp Diavolo, which was very good, and I had the Mediterranean chicken which was chicken in a white wine sauce with fresh tomatoes, artichoke hearts and olives. The top of the chicken was dressed lightly with marinara sauce and feta cheese. Extremely tasty. Unfortunately we had to forego dessert as we were stuffed. Once upon a Table also serves Lunch. Medium prices, and very good wine to accompany your meal. (they serve only wine and beer). Enjoy.

Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

Stockbridge has few restaurants for dinner and this is by far the better choice. It is a small place tucked down a sweet little alley on Main Street; be sure to make reservations! Nice menu complimented by numerous specials; all dishes reasonably priced. Only complaint, it was very warm inside restaurant but it has been an unusually warm September, climate change and all. Friendly service.